Cavok is a global technical consulting and services firm supporting the transportation industry with offices in Atlanta, GA., Fort Worth, TX., and London, UK. OWC is looking for experienced Project Managers to support our Operational Improvement and PMO Focus Area. Visit our website for more details about OWC: http://cavok.oliverwyman.com/
The successful candidate will be working with or leading high impact teams in support of our contractual deliverables related to OWC's Operational Improvement & PMO Focus Area. This Focus Area stresses operations benchmarking assessments, transformation and operations improvement project management disciplines, and formal Continuous Improvement / LEAN training and implementation.
* Support the delivery of client requirements in a client-facing capacity as detailed in the Statement of Work (SOW)
* Facilitate, delegate, and motivate cross-functional organizations, to include client teams to ensure the project is successfully completed
* Assess/evaluate existing heavy industry operations across multiple parameters (e.g. production, maintenance, design, administrative) and design solutions to improve performance in all key measurable respects (e.g. reliability, cycle time, quality, financial, etc.)
* Provide specialized technical knowledge, program management expertise, communication, leadership, and presentation skills to the client and team members to meet and or exceed our customer's expectation of our deliverables
* Two plus years of experience leading a workstream or in a full project management capacity across multiple departments/organizations, both internal and external
* Minimum of four years of engineering or technical trade experience related to either Aviation/Aerospace/Defenseor Rail business sectors
* Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Engineering or a Technical Bachelor degree in Aviation, Supply Chain, Operational, Transportation or similar.
* Exposure with change management/facilitation, enterprise communication and training
* Exposure to change management/facilitation, enterprise communication, and training
* Experience with business process/system mapping and analysis, with Value Stream Mapping and Theory of Constraints experience preferred
Skills and Attributes:
* Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and presentation skills
* Proficiency in facilitating, delegating, and motivating cross functional groups or activities, particularly in client workshop settings
* Highly organized with the ability to multi-task competing priorities
* Demonstrate initiative and critical thinking
* Ability to provide technical support to the clients and regulators
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to effectively manage multi-functional project teams
* Effective client interface and management skills
* Customer service oriented with ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing work environment
* Must be able to interface professionally, credibly and objectively with colleagues and clients
* Team player
* Self-directed and willing to take initiative
* Resourceful; able to solve problems with minimal supervision
* Exhibits attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy and quality
* Microsoft Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project proficiency
* Preferred experience with Smartsheet and Microsoft Power BI
* Continuous Improvement qualifications preferred (e.g. Greenbelt, Blackbelt, LEAN Master, etc.)
* Certified Project Manager (CPM), Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Mercer is a human resource consulting service that includes compensation, employee benefits, communications, and investment consulting.