United States of America
CAFMA: FS Kidde Fenwal Ashland MA 400 Main Street, Ashland, MA, 01721 USA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security (CCS) is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you're a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering or Computer Science you may be eligible for UTC Climate, Controls and Security's Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2019 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. CCS's Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the CCS Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year development program.
As UTC continues to define and shape new markets with innovative products, cyber security is a key element of the product lifecycle, from requirements definition and secure design, to security testing and incident response. As a member of the SCE cyber security team, the engineer will be integral to achieving the high level mission of strengthening the cyber security posture of our go-forward and legacy products. The cyber security engineer will
* Work with global teams across CCS and Otis to ensure commitment to the cyber security strategy of minimizing flaws and improving product resiliency to cyber-attacks by ensuring adherence to the integrated secure development lifecycle process.
* Using a risk based methodology, the engineer will support architectural reviews and security assessments of the products in development as well as legacy products.
* Carry out source code review, explain the impact of security bugs in code and provide recommendations on correcting issues as well as mentoring them on secure cyber security coding practices
* Refine and support the standard work associated with product cyber security incident response management
* Stay updated on latest cyber security hacking news, technologies and methodologies
* Work in an environment of continuous improvement and lean process and product development
Experience & Qualifications
* Hands-on experience or good knowledge of various cyber security tools such as those used for penetration testing, static analysis
* Knowledge of different types of security vulnerabilities and safeguards at different layers of hierarchical systems, including the embedded layer and system layer
* Product development experience and good knowledge of various cryptographic systems and requirements for authentication, authorization and encryption for various types of systems
* Experience working with cyber security risk rating systems such as CVSS, CWEs, NVD
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Participation in "Capture-the-flag" type events and a good understanding of the evolving cyber security landscape.
Bachelor of Science/Engineering in cyber security, computer science or a related engineering discipline (at a minimum). Specific training/certification in cyber security such as CEH, OSCP, GSEC is a plus. Must have a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms