ECS is seeking a Technical Writer to work in our Washington D.C. office.
* Writing and/or editing technical documents, manuals and brochures that include subject matter related to cybersecurity
* This may include reports, user manuals, briefings and presentations, cybersecurity policy, system specifications and/or functional descriptions, standard operating procedures and cybersecurity plans
* Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval ensuring final documents meet applicable requirements
* Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in the deliverables
* Consult relevant sources, including technical documentation, subject matter experts and project personnel, to obtain information
* Pro-actively review, update, and maintain cybersecurity policy, guidance documents, directives, templates, and materials to ensure all documentation reflects and incorporates the most recent version of all cybersecurity program documentation.
* Recommend, review and update existing, and/or develop new Cyber security policies, handbooks, standards, and procedures.
* Ensure documentation is current and relevant for processes and programs
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must have a Bachelors Degree
* Must have a TS/SCI with CI or Full-Scope Polygraph Clearance
* 7 years of technical writing experience
* Solid graphics skills (Adobe Illustrator)
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Must be able to work independently.
* Strong understanding of technical concepts and be able to explain them in writing
* Strong analytical skills.
* Previous experience with Cybersecurity documentation.
* Can facilitate brainstorming discussions on deliverables.
* Works well in a quick-turn environment
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.