ECS is seeking a Network Engineer to work in our Arlington, VA office.
* Review designs for computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks. Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning. May also design network and computer security measures.
* Research and recommend tools, hardware and software solutions.
* Support IT acquisitions.
* Monitor status of continuity of operations (COOP) capability; review COOP plans.
* Review performance and capacity management.
* Provide database tuning and monitoring.
* Support asset management activities and hardware/software maintenance activities in conjunction with other teams.
* Support service level agreement (SLA) monitoring with DISA and other data centers.
* Validate infrastructure requirements and data center builds.
* Support data requests from various internal and external sources.
* BS majoring in computer field plus 5 years relevant experience
* Network engineering
* Server planning
* Oracle SuperCluster
* COOP planning
* Data center management
* Citrix/MS Terminal Server
* Security+ CE or CISSP or CCENT or CCDA
* Experience in any of the following areas; DISA Enclaves, DISA Infrastructure STIGs, Army and DoD Regulations
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.