ECS is seeking a Systems Analyst II to work in our Kearneysville, WV office.
In support of automating the deployment of development workstation software packages within OSC, a Development Workstation Software Package Management team has been formed at the Operations Systems Center. The Development Workstation Software Package Management team will provide technical and administrative support for managing development workstation software packages for the Operations System Center (OSC) and other user workstations based on LCCB / ITCCB approved baseline packages. The team will support the enterprise business services including remediation testing, infrastructure tool management, and associated services for deployment and management of software packages installed and used on development workstations at the Operations Systems Center and other locations.
This team will:
* Engineer, manage and support automated desktop software deployment to OSC development workstations and other user workstations based on LCCB approved baseline packages.
* Provide patch management and installation of new versions.
* Provide removal of software that is no longer required or licensed.
* Troubleshoot application install and patch issues associated with the automated desktop software deployment process.
The Development Workstation Software Package Management System Analyst is expected to have a thorough understanding of the components that must be in place in order to create and deploy software packages to the USCG Standard Workstation. This includes the software requirements and dependencies, security posture, and help desk ticket management. Knowledge will be gained from customer communication, by closely working with the LCCB/ITCCB, system developers, DBAs, and SAs, as well as through the evaluation and testing of the respective system software developer packages in the OSC Lab.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Acting as liaison between the team and with the LCCB/ITCCB, system developers, DBAs, and SAs
* Gathering and management of software package requirements, security vulnerabilities/remediation, version currency (N or N-1)
* Respond to customer and management data calls and generate reports
* Create, manage and review documentation.
* Document and implement processes for development workstation software package management
* Utilize the Remedy action request system to track work efforts and time expended completing development workstation software package creation and deployment
* Participate in and occasionally facilitate organizational working groups.
* U.S. Citizen, and must be able to obtain a NACI Clearance.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* 5-15 years IT experience
* Excellent computer skills and the ability to create high-value deliverables
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment
* Self starter who can "think ahead"
* Work hours are consistent but occasional ad hoc requirements necessitate flexible hours
* Clear understanding of development software support requirements
* Proficiency with the MS Office tool suite
* Effective communication skills (oral and written)
* Strong customer service and consultation skills
* Experience with the BMC Remedy Action/Request Tool, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or other software deployment automation tools
* Familiarity with software procurements, including maintenance and licensing of those items
* Familiarity with ITIL v3 Framework
* Existing knowledge of USCG Business and Support systems is highly desirable.
* Security+ Certification
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.