ECS is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
ECS is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to work as a member of a team managing and maintaining multiple network enclaves to support the US Government.
* The candidate will provide support to a team developing, maintaining, creating, documenting, and installing network and enclave infrastructure for a broad range of data sets, research objectives, applications, and programming requirements.
* This is a demanding, high-energy position requiring innovative solutions to network, hardware, and software development and maintenance.
* The candidate will perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
* The candidate will schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures and will monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
* The candidate will have experience with data storage, standards, and structuring of large databases, specializing in database physical structure and functional capabilities, efficiency, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
* The candidate will also manage server access for multiple, simultaneous, external vendors i.e., Government, academia, and industry.
* The candidate must have strong problem-solving skills.
* The candidate must have or be able to obtain a security clearance (TS/SCI) in order to support this position.
* The job is located in Fairfax VA, with frequent local trips to Ashburn, VA and other locations in the National Capital Region. Periodic short-term travel (less than 10%) worldwide may be required.
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must have at least an active Secret Clearance, TS/SCI is desired.
* Masters and 10 years-experience required.
* DoD 8140 compliant certification for security in IAT/IAM Level III.
* Demonstrated experience working with and deploying solutions in production use customer Windows and Linux environments.
* Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complex network environments.
* Demonstrated experience troubleshooting Windows and Linux.
* Demonstrated experience leading teams and reporting/briefing status to leadership in person and via telecons.
* Ability to pick up technologies quickly and document recommendations for government approval.
* Demonstrated a working understanding of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIG requirements.
* Collaborate with Cloud Service Providers to design, implement, and maintain customer solutions.
* Write/edit and execute technical documents including, but not limited to: Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), architecture diagrams, Concept of Operations, and other documents as required.
* The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be customer-service and career/growth-oriented.
* CCNP or Higher
* 10 years or more of experience architecting enterprise solutions
* AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
* Fortigate Firewalls, Cisco Switches, and Juniper device configuration
* Web server administration (IIS, Apache, NGINX, etc.)
* Storage technologies and procedures/concepts
* Patch management solutions
* System orchestration (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.