ECS is seeking a Sr. Cloud Architect in our Fairfax, VA office.
In order to meet the evolving needs of Federal Government, including DoD customers, ECS has unique capabilities and expertise in Cloud Computing to help our customers achieve their goals and meet new Cloud-First mandates. Today, we stand out as a Cloud Leader. ECS is an AWS Premier Partner and AWS Approved Reseller. We are also a certified Microsoft Cloud Deployment Partner and regularly team with MCS to offer customers total confidence in migration to Office 365. ECS is also member of the Microsoft Azure Circle partner program, able to assist customers in adopting IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Cloud Solutions Architect to join our Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) team with the following roles and responsibilities:
* Work closely and collaboratively with our CCoE team to support ECS business units and ECS customers in developing and deploying innovative cloud solutions to meet customers' business needs
* Develop and update cloud templates, architectural blue prints, standards, and best practices to be used by multiple cloud projects.
* Help standardize cloud best practices, processes, and procedures
* Work with multiple teams to develop technical solutions for proposals
* Serve as a solution architect providing strategic and technical leadership for client teams establishing cloud infrastructure design, migrating data centers to cloud, developing infrastructure as code, or deploying cloud solutions.
* Evaluate customers' current and anticipated needs, developing innovative solutions, developing cloud architectures, establishing standards, and cloud managed services environments.
* Provide thought and technical design leadership to cloud solutioning
* Serve as a technical SME for cloud services, providers, and platforms
* Act as a change agent for technologies and supporting processes to maximize results measured by performance and availability, business agility, technology freshness, and cost optimization
* Provide cloud professional services as a billable consultant direct to customer engagements with hands-on use of advanced cloud technologies
* Lead cloud architecting sessions, evaluating tradeoffs between design, risk, and technology
* Execute prototypes and technical feasibility assessments for cloud solutions
* Apply advanced technical knowledge and skills in developing cloud solutions or problem solving where complexity, innovation and technical expertise are required
* Migrate existing on-premises applications to cloud leveraging a structured method and best practices
* Integrate multiple products across cloud and hybrid environments
* Develop technical solutions for proposals
* Develop processes and procedures for applications' migration to the cloud, as well as managed services in the cloud
As part of the Cloud Solutions Architects role, you will be focused on cloud infrastructure and network connectivity solution and development, inclusive of:
* You will lead and facilitate information gathering sessions with multiple departmental and/or sub-agency heads and technical leaders to discover and assess the current state infrastructure, validate business cases, gather and document business and functional objectives
* Through various communication vehicles and methods (e.g., meetings, application demos, emails, workshops, etc.) develop, innovate and implement technical solutions for multiple cloud projects including migration of existing applications/capabilities and users, and/or provision of new applications/capabilities and users
* Engage with the client to secure buy-in for the adoption of cloud-based solutions, through workshops and briefs as necessary.
* Recommend technology strategy by understanding key client objectives; diagnosing and mapping client requirements; articulating solution risks and barriers; recommending delivery approaches; preparing time estimates; planning full project life cycle
* Develop, contribute, and evaluate technical proposals related to cloud projects
* Provide expertise to construct the architecture and solutions to support current and future business needs, and to ensure the successful implementation and adoption of cloud services
* Develop and implement activities, such as but not limited to, sequencing, architecture, assumptions, dependencies and agency buy-in that shall include an end-to-end view of the overall implementation approach to migrate current and future systems and users to cloud platform services
* Throughout the projects you will participate in status meetings on progress, priorities, issues, performance issues, and future work
In order to be successful in this role, we expect that qualified candidates will have the following skills, experience, and credentials:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or similar preferred
* US Citizen, must have an active Top Secret Clearance.
* Senior level architect with more than 10+ years of planning, architecting, and engineering enterprise class systems and services
* Strong background in data centers, software engineering, and security
* Experience working with vendor-neutral infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
* In depth knowledge and hands on experience with the full range of cloud service providers/solutions, inclusive of AWS and Microsoft Azure offerings
* Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect certification (at least Associate level)
* AWS or Azure certification
* Must have proven success in consulting to CTO-level clients.
* Proven experience in assessment, evaluation, and documentation of client environment, data centers infrastructure, processes, and operations
* Proven experience in communicating and demonstrating the value of cloud solutions to a variety of stakeholders to address complex and competing drivers in complex technical environments, with a track record of buy-in and successful implementation, migration, change management, and full adoption
* Proven ability to lead change across large platforms using innovative technology solutions
* Demonstrated abilities in strategic thinking and leadership with strong relationship management ability
* Strong scripting skills (Python, Node.js, Ruby, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
* Proven ability to lead change across large platforms / functional areas using innovative technology solutions
* Demonstrated customer focus
* Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills
* Communicates clearly and effectively evaluates information to make decisions
* Anticipates risks and obstacles and develops plans for mitigation
* Creates actionable strategies and operational plans
* Champions and drives change initiatives
* Confronts difficult problems in a positive and creative way
* Balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2500+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.