Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Capacity Planning Engineer, Assistant Vice President
We are seeking an individual with strong knowledge IT Infrastructure Engineering, Capacity and Performance for Compute, Storage, Network, as well as working experience with Capacity and Performance software tools. You will lead multiple capacity and performance projects from inception through completion, while adhering to scope, schedule, quality and budget for capacity and performance efforts. You should have strong communication, presentation, and relationship building skills and be comfortable working with technology and business partners across the organization in a collaborative way.
In this role, you will be part of the Service Delivery Organization within Technology Information and Operations and will work with multi-functional teams to deliver the infrastructure capacity, plan for capacity and performance management, and determine requirements to optimize deployments to private and public cloud.
* Actively identify, resolve, and advance planning challenges.
* Experienced in capacity management and infrastructure engineering for distributed server environments, as well as network and distributed storage environments.
* Responsibilities will include server performance analysis, capacity reporting and analysis, and capacity management tool administration for Teamquest.
* Provide consultation with business solutions group area and the Infrastructure & Operations Engineering and Operations teams to resolve capacity and performance issues.
* You will provide right-sizing and optimization for applications migrating to Private Cloud and AWS and in support of Data Center Consolidation
* You will support DevOps and partner with application developers to find the best way to scale infrastructure, characterize transactional throughput and response time, reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency and understand roadmaps.
* You will support the design, development, and implementation of automated processes for capturing, populating and maintaining capacity and system utilization data.
* You will develop advanced queries and reports for management on KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy