At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
This position is in Core Risk Technology, a new group setup to build the next generation risk platform for the bank. This is an ambitious, green-field initiative to tackle the bank's risk computation challenges in new ways, intended to handle ticking risk for the trading desks, a sand-box for Quants as well as FRTB, CVA, PFE and other scenario intensive simulations. The project is a joint-venture with the Quant organization, who are consolidating numerous analytics libraries into a single cross-asset analytics library. Team members will be co-located with the Quants and work together to ensure the new analytics and the new platform work together seamlessly.
As a senior developer/technical lead in the team, you will be designing and implementing core components of this platform. The successful candidate will be comfortable developing solutions using open source and other technologies as appropriate. Currently, the technology stack includes the following:
* Java 8/11
* IBM Symphony Compute Grid
* Zero MQ/Solace for communication
Other job responsibilities include:
* Working closely with quants, business users and testing teams
* Mentoring less experienced team members
* Conducting code reviews to ensure code quality and integrity of the overall vision.
* A BS/BA degree or higher
* 4+ years of fixed Income experience
* 5+ years of Linux experience
* 7+ years of Java experience
* 7+ years of pricing or risk systems development experience
* 5+ years of Cache experience
* 5+ years of Grid computing experience
* 4+ years of securities industry experience
* 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
* A Master's degree or higher in science or technology
* 7+ years of fixed Income experience
* Knowledge and understanding of financial industry front office trading, liquidity management, and risk management
* Knowledge and understanding of financial products and associated mathematical concepts
* Knowledge and understanding of technology infrastructure: large capital market enterprises
* 10+ years of Java experience
* 7+ years of C++ experience
* Advanced experience in capital markets business and processes
* Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling
* Basic knowledge and understanding of SEC, FNRA, and international regulations for building technological solutions
* Work schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Pacific time, 9:30 am - 6:30 pm Mountain time, 10:30 am - 7:30 pm Central time, or 11:30 am - 8:30 pm Eastern time
* Ability to travel domestically
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a banking and financial services holding company.