Project Manager /Project Lead (Oracle ERP Finance Technology)
As a member of Corporate Technology (Finance, Compliance), position supports liaising between the business & technology. Project manager will be critical in establishing a strong partnership with the business and defining a clear technology vision to drive the day-to-day business effectively. The individual will be responsible for the design and documentation of the functional requirements as well as negotiating and prioritizing projects within the business community.
The Project manager will continue to play an important role in tracking the architecture, development, testing and deployment of the systems.
* Experience with Oracle General Ledger
* Experience in Accounting and Finance functions
* Experience with IT projects that involve integration with other systems
* Ongoing work with technology during the build phase to ensure timely
delivery and correct prioritization.
* Performing User Acceptance testing of new developments before their
* Ability to translate technical and business requirements and communicate
effectively with both technical and business experts
Key Technical Competencies
* Oracle ERP (GL, AP, FA, Procurement, Projects, OTL, AR, Costing,
* Reporting solutions -OBIEE, OTBI, Oracle analytics Cloud
* Architecting and building custom applications that integrate with Oracle
* Relational database experience - SQL,PLSQL
* MS Office - Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
* Development experience a plus (Oracle, JSP)
Key Non-Technical Competencies
* Financial Services background and solid understanding of Accounting
* Experience working on Human resources and Payroll applications
* Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and good organization skills
* Excellent communication and people skills
* Ability to write clear and concise documents
* Team player who is easy to work with, shows commitment and
dedication, and can maintain both a positive attitude and high level of
performance on high demand & time-sensitive initiatives
Location: NYC- Midtown
Travel: 10 -20%
About BGC Partners
BGC Partners is a brokerage company servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets.