Job Description: Front-End Application Programmer
BGC Technology Team is looking for Front-End Application Programmer who will design, develop, implement and support the firm's Management Information & Data Analytics System (MIDAS)
* Designing and implementing workflow applications, including familiarity with concepts of financial applications
* Interact with business stakeholders to provide solutions addressing business data analytic requirements
* Become proficient in the data model and data structures to be able to efficiently respond to business queries and requests
* Working with solution architect & business analysts to define implementation design and coding of the assigned modules/responsibilities with highest quality (bug free)
* Ability to take responsibility and work independently in a high-pressure, time critical environment
* Conduct root cause analysis and resolve production problems and data issues.
* Must be capable of working in collaborative, multi-site environment to support rapid development and delivery of results and capabilities (i.e Agile SDLC)
* High level of expertise with Object Oriented Core Java including experience with Java Concurrency framework; generics in the Java programming language; Java Collections classes; Spring JDBC and dependency injection
* High level of expertise developing API for consumption.
* High level of expertise with Java based REST services.
* High level of expertise in full stack J2EE technologies, JSP, Servlets, AngularJS, Spring 4.0, React, HTML 5, XML, JSON, JQuery, JDBC, CSS (Bootstrap), JXLS,
* Familiarity with Python, Perl or other UNIX shell scripting languages
* Familiarity with Web Servers /Application Servers - Apache Embedded Tomcat, Spring boot.
* Strong understanding & experience with Oracle relational database and exposure to NoSql databases. Experience working with large data sets.
* Experience with PL/SQL Packages/Functions/Procedures programming and debugging.
* Well versed with development toolkits like Maven, Gradle, GIT, Bitbucket, continues Integration suites, JIRA and confluence.
* Demonstrated experience working on the design, implementation, and deployment of large, complex software projects.
About BGC Partners
BGC Partners is a brokerage company servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets.