CAMSTAR/POMS MES - IT Systems Analyst
Req #: JR - 001889
Location: Irvine, CA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Date Posted: 6/24/2019 6:37:40 PM
Around the world, our employees are united by our mission to save and sustain lives. Together, we create a culture that encourages colleagues to pursue rewarding careers -- where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work as a part of a team they respect, in an environment that values each person's contributions. We're happy you're interested in continuing your career journey with Baxter.
CAMSTAR/POMS MES - IT Systems Analyst
Medical Products Manufacturing
Virtual/Work from Home (USA)
* Integral member of Baxter's Manufacturing Execution Systems Center of Excellence Team (MES CoE Team).
* Team is fully virtual; supporting multiple Baxter sites such as in Asia (Singapore), North America (Medina NY, Irvine CA, Marion NC, Chicago IL, Cleveland MS), Latino America (Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia, Brazil) and Caribbean (Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic)
* CAMSTAR is currently installed in full production at Singapore and Medina New York. It has been highly customized to Baxter needs; hence our internal expertise is critical to keep manufacturing operation up and running since manufacturing relies on CAMSTAR. Therefore, critical to have very good technical knowledge that can be productive/collaborative with the MES CoE Team on technical matters from day one.
* POMS is currently installed in several manufacturing sites in US and Latino America and Caribbean sites. It has been highly customized to Baxter needs; therefore, having a good knowledge of how the system works at Baxter using sites is critical to collaborate with MES CoE Team as well as all the local POMS administrators across using sites.
The Americas MES CoE Systems Analyst is primarily responsible for, but not necessarily limited to:
* Technical leadership for creating solution and component designs that leverage Best Practices for implementing CAMSTAR and/or POMS MES.
* Technical Development Team Lead, responsible for being a mentor and advisor to provide knowledge transfer and directed training of domain knowledge for Corporate CoE and Plant support teams
* Writing of detailed design documentation based on customer requirements and specifications
* Designing, Configuring, Developing, and Testing of User Interfaces and System Interfaces based on detailed design documentation
* Providing technical and solution leadership during integration testing and issue resolution.
* Communication with the team and project managers to provide input needed to keep the project within scope, on time, and to monitor any changes to the detailed design specifications
* Understanding the Baxter business, to be capable to support operations affected by MES issues.
* Support manufacturing operations to quickly resolve incidents when they occur on manufacturing areas.
* Provide technical guidance to other CoE team members that will be learning the CAMSTAR and or POMS systems.
* Minimum 50% travel
Why is this a Great Opportunity for Your Career?
* Baxter is a leading company; the use of technology and innovation is a keystone for Baxter's continuous improvement and leadership.
* The MES CoE Team is currently supporting implementations on 18 different manufacturing sites in North America, Latin America, Caribbean and Singapore; others are planned.This will allow the MES CoE Team to have exposure with multiple geographies.
* CAMSTAR MES application is considered a Global System, interfacing with other corporate systems; hence you'll continually be dealing with other Corporate IT Teams to obtain support on infrastructure, interfaces, and future implementations/integrations plans. A broad opportunity to work with multidisciplinary IT teams that will be of great value for anyone's career.
* POMS MES application is considered regional system and work is being done to replace this legacy system with the new Global Standard system called Simatic IT EBR (XFP MES), so training, learning and growing opportunity will be provided.
Key experiences/competencies required
* Technical Project Team Leadership experience.
* Manufacturing Systems experience in an implementation/development leadership role.
* Minimum of five (5) years of practical experience in custom software design, User Interface design, and System Interface programming using the following tools and languages:
* Microsoft Visual Studio IDE
* Visual Basic
* AJAX controls
* Minimum of Two (2) years of practical experience using Oracle databases, including setup and maintenance
* Minimum of Two (2) years of practical experience using IBM DB2 databases, including setup and maintenance
* Minimum of Two (2) years of practical experience using Business Objects reporting tool.
* Working knowledge of the following related technologies:
* Standard SQL
* XML / XSLT
* Web Services
* WCF Services
* Integration experience with one or more of the following:
* Product Lifecycle Management Systems (strongly desired)
* ERP solutions (strongly desired)
* Quality Management Systems
* Laboratory Information Management Systems
* Learning Management Systems
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
About Baxter International
Baxter International develops, manufactures and markets healthcare products.