Vonage Engineering Mission:
We embody the notion of be what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers' ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
Communications Engineering plans, designs, acquires and implements major components of Vonage's communications systems. We perform utilization and traffic study analyses to determine optimal system components and configuration. We look at what's available externally versus internally and recommend whether to buy or build. We coordinate and execute project plans, develop specifications and standards, manage costs, perform vendor comparisons and do whatever it takes to bring communications concepts to life. You can join our team as a Senior Communications Engineer, handling communications engineering for complex integrated systems with tens of thousands of end devices and multiple clusters.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
* Independently manage large and complex projects requiring high levels of functional integration.
* Perform lifecycle management of unified communications features, applications, related voice systems and network equipment.
* Play a consultative role, helping put in place the right people, processes and tools to define, execute and deliver project success.
* Monitor communications and utilization trends, making design and implementation recommendations to improve services and scale infrastructure.
* Support the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and software applications.
* Provide technical guidance and advice to less experienced team members and to colleagues on cross-functional teams.
What you will bring
* Comprehensive understanding of VoIP and related protocols, including SIP, H.323, MGCP, SDP and RTP.
* Advanced experience with Linux / Unix and various languages such as PERL, Python and PHP.
* Advanced experience with SQL and Oracle.
* Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
* A strong desire to learn, build and grow.
* Ability to:
* Apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret technical and system problems.
* Work effectively with technical and non-technical people.
* Identify opportunities for process and procedure improvement to drive efficiency and improve customer service levels.
* Deal effectively with technical and non-technical constituencies.
What is required for application
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field.
* Prior experience (5+ years) in a Communications Engineering or related position.
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.
Vonage is a cloud communications provider.