Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world's leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We're looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make this tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by great people while we do it. We are searching for a Calibration Engineer to join our Perception team to develop novel algorithms and sustainable processes for high resolution offline calibration methods as well as robust real-time algorithms.
* Develop reliable and scalable multi-sensor calibration algorithms for high resolution offline calibration methods as well as robust real-time algorithms.
* Collaborate with vehicle engineering, localization and perception teams to implement calibration systems that work for both vehicle production and field support.
* Integrate and support solutions within the constantly evolving Localization and Perception stacks.
* Build scalable sensor calibration process and data pipeline that scales to an expanding fleet and support tools and operations for calibrating the fleet.
* BS, MS, or PhD in Robotics, Computer Vision, Systems Engineering, or another relevant engineering field with 3+ years of industry experience
* Excellent software development skills in C++
* Experience in one or more areas of sensor/system calibration, optimization, and computer vision
* Background in SLAM, Multi Sensor Calibration, or Real-time detection algorithms
* Excellent knowledge of Linear Algebra, Convex Optimization, Statistics or Numerical Analysis
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day.
We're one team. We're inspired by the challenge of what we're solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon's efforts in DARPA's Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google's self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla's Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber's autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by some of Silicon Valley's best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.
<p>Aurora is a company developing software and hardware for the self-driving vehicle industry.