Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of be what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers' ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
We are seeking a Software Engineer with a strong Windows development background to help us design and implement the next generation Cloud API, solve interesting use-cases on the native Windows platform, and provide a rich set of APIs for online video communications.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What will you do
* Participates in the development and maintenance of the OpenTok cross-platform library (OTKit) written in C/C++, which is the core of all native platform SDK.
* Develops and maintains the OpenTok Windows SDK which is build on top of the .NET platform and written in C#.
* Engages in all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
* Playing a key role in designing and building the new OpenTok platform.
* Designing, architecting and implementing, rich Client APIs.
* Working alongside other Engineers to define, drive and complete the technology strategy.
* Working in rapid 1-2 week development cycles.
* Collaborating closely with our teams located around the world (San Francisco, UK, Spain, Israel).
What you will bring
* At least three years of Windows development within a professional environment.
* Strong design and implementation work with APIs, SDKs and libraries.
* Experience with .NET, C#, and C++
* Working knowledge of NuGet
* Background in writing integration and automated tests to create well tested code.
Nice if you had, but Certainly not Necessary
* Experience with Unity or game development
* Proficiency in server-side technologies (eg. Node.js, Python, Ruby).
* Experience with test-driven development practices.
* Experience with streaming video technologies (eg. WebRTC, Wowza, Flash Media Server).
* Experience with real-time application development (eg. using WebSockets).
What is in it for you
In addition, to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.
Vonage is a cloud communications provider.