Search for more jobs
C++ Software Engineer
* Job: 19770-MKAI
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
We are seeking a talented, self-motivated and highly creative software engineer to join the MATLAB Language team. We are doing cutting-edge work in extending the MATLAB code execution infrastructure; creating the next generation of core MATLAB components that extends language execution, debugging, profiling, and run-time introspection.
* Be responsible for the full software life-cycle, including requirements gathering and high-level design, coding, testing, debugging and maintenance.
* Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality code that is correct, robust, efficient and easy to maintain and extend.
* Re-architect existing components to accommodate new requirements.
* Participate in, and contribute to, design reviews, code reviews and project planning.
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
* Strong object-oriented design skills.
* Good project management skills.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with software engineering processes, collaborative, and multi-platform development (on Windows and UNIX for different architectures).
* Knowledge of MATLAB is a plus.
* Unix or Mac development experience
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.