Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The VPM solution Team connects operations from front to back-office to support all aspects of hedge fund portfolio accounting. It is a detailed general ledger-based accounting software, which is used to manage billions of dollars in assets in the hedge fund industry. Success of this product is backed by a wonderful development team, with main office in Melville, NY and a satellite office in India. The team follows Agile / Scrum development methodology with global scrum teams. It is a great opportunity to get mentored by senior engineers and architects with long tenure. Friendly, family-oriented team culture.
What you will be doing
You will be part of the core development team contributing towards VPM product. You will participate in daily scrums and bi-weekly sprints, retrospective and other scrum ceremonies. You will have an opportunity to become a certified scrum master. You will be a full-stack developer, with exposure to front-end (WPF, HTML5/Angular), back end (SOAP and REST services) along with well-known database engine (SQL Server 2017). You will become proficient in secure development practices. You will enjoy working with a mature development team using TFS, Visual Studio, and great CI/CD processes already in place.
* Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
* Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
* Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
* Collaborates with global scrum team members to maximize productivity
What you bring:
* 3 to 5 years in software development
* Knowledge of WPF / WCF / C# / Microsoft SQL Server / SSRS / TFS / VS
* Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
* In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
* Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
* Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
* A Bachelor's degree in computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Added bonus if you have:
* Knowledge of financial services industry
What we offer you
* Time to support charities and give back in your community
* A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
* Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
* A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
* Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset