Search for more jobs
C++ Software Engineer
* Job: 21207-MCAR
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Join a small team developing innovative tools that allow engineers to model and simulate high-performance systems in both MATLAB and Simulink. (MATLAB and Simulink experience not required) Our team works on a framework and IDE tools for the expression of signal processing and communications systems using the MATLAB language, efficient execution infrastructure for both the text-based MATLAB and graphical Simulink tools, and support for generating optimized C or HDL code from the MATLAB code. Our tools are used by customers and product teams at MathWorks to produce robust streaming algorithm implementations that integrate with the wide array of features offered by MATLAB and Simulink.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled software engineer to enhance system object integration with Simulink and improving the system object authoring experience. Your day to day tasks will include:
* Participate in all aspects of software development, including gathering requirements, and high-level design, coding, testing, debugging and maintenance
* Collaborate across multiple development teams
* Improve System object workflows and tools for internal and external customers
* Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality code that is correct, robust, efficient and easy to maintain and extend
* Participate in, and contribute to, design reviews, code reviews and project planning
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Demonstrated experience in/with C++
* Experience and/or knowledge of any/all of the following areas of specialization:
* Software architecture, design, implementation, algorithm development
* Parallel programming and analysis
* Compiler technology or code generation technology (LLVM/JIT)
* Experience with Simulink and/or MATLAB
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.