What you'll be doing...
As our Information Security Developer, you will work on an existing Risk Management Development team to create new security risk applications using .Net/C# applications with HTML/CSS, MS SQL, AJAX technologies, and commercial-off-the-self security packages. These new applications will import data from and integrate with existing internal applications and databases. You will work on a high performing development team and interact with Subject Mater Experts (SME) in security, compliance, and legal teams to translate requirements into new functionality.
This is primarily a new functionality development position for presentation layer, business logic, and extensive system to system communication / legacy data interfaces. Your responsibilities will be associated with the design, development, support, and maintenance of IT security infrastructure applications using .Net/C#, and integration with 3rd party data visualization / analytics software packages.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Net/C#, HTML/CSS, SQL development experience.
* Knowledge of Net/C# (2.0-3.5) in Visual Studio 2005-2016.
* Amazon Web Services experience.
* Knowledge of application security risk assessments processes.
* Excellent communication and documentation skills.
* Ability to be a self-starter with the ability to run with assignments independently when tasked.
* Knowledge of network and application vulnerability assessment processes.
* Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and multi-task.
* Knowledge of network design and administration
* Client interaction and presentation skills.
* Object oriented development and design patterns experience.
* Experience and intelligence to architect large/complex systems end-to-end.
* Ability to design SQL schema to match the needs of a large database driven application.
* Foresight to organize data structures for maximum performance in all usage modes, especially reporting.
* Ability to design creative UI structures that maximize work flow efficiency and automation for the end user.
* Experience in development of .Net/C# applications with HTML/CSS, MS SQL, AJAX technologies.
* Knowledge of application and network security, and work well in a small highly productive team.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.