Founded in 2015, StackPath provides inherently secure cloud services so that developers can build online solutions and services that are safe-for their own operations and for their end users. More than 30,000 customers already use StackPath technology, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to early stage startups. We are a fast-growing team headquartered in Dallas, with offices in Orlando, Phoenix, Seattle, Tel Aviv, and Belgrade.
About the position
StackPath, LLC. are looking for a C/C++ developer with solid understanding of networking concepts and building low-level applications that run in both physical and virtualized environments. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop software that powers several of our core services and to coordinate with other teams working on different layers of the infrastructure.
Why you should apply:
* You want to make the internet a safer place
* Because you wake up each day hungry to solve problems
* You want to make the world a better place
* You believe in the spirit of Software Engineering as craftsmanship
* You want to make a difference and have input
* Work with a great team, participating in top-notch development practices
* Help build an amazing company
You should have:
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C/C++ code
* Good understanding of both structured programming and object-oriented programming
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
* Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
* Strong proficiency in C and C++ (including version 11, 14, 17), with fair knowledge of the language specification
* Thorough knowledge of the data structures, algorithms and standard C/C++ libraries
* Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols (IPv4/IPv6, TCP/UDP, ICMP, etc.) is preferred
* Knowledge to HTTP protocol (versions 1.x and 2)
* Experience with Linux development environment
* Knowledge of low-level threading primitives and real-time environments
* Familiarity with system call wrapper library functions
* Familiarity with debugging and performance analysis tools, such as GDB, Valgrind and VTune
* Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (git preferred)
* Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
* Solution-oriented: You are an advocate for our customers, stopping at nothing to help them be safer
* Pragmatic: Always looking for better ways to solve challenges and think things through in detail while keeping an open mind and the ability to adapt to new ideas
* Relaxed but focused: We like to have fun but we also have work to do. The ability to balance both with some humor can make every day a win
* Collaborative: Always looking for ways to help, learn from others, and find the right solution which may not be yours
At StackPath, we take care of our employees we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits. We invest in our people to ensure that they have everything needed to excel on the job.
Our goal is to make the internet a safer place. We need more help from people with the right passion and skills to help us get there.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!
StackPath is a platform of secure edge services that enables developers to protect, accelerate, and innovate cloud properties ranging from websites to media delivery and IoT services.