Bmo Financial Group
The Business Testing Liaison is a new role under US P&C Delivery that acts in partnership with the Line of Business, Technology, and UAT. The role is accountable to collaborate with the line of business (LOB) product managers, delivery program/project managers, technology stakeholders, UAT, and other subject matter experts to understand business goals, technology systems, and to assist with analyzing, recommending solutions, documenting high-level solutions, etc. The Business Testing Liaison would also assist with UAT deliverables (Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Case, and Exit documentation. The successful candidate will combine both business and technology acumen to assist the LOB Product Managers, UAT, and Project Management. The incumbent will be self-motivated and take ownership in solving problems, solutioning in partnership with the business and technology, and proactively raising issues to management that may require further investigation.
As a member of US P&C Delivery:
* Collaborate with the line of business product managers and technology stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand business goals, systems, and assist the Line of Business with pre-project analysis/strategy, high-level documentation, opportunity assessments, and recommendations as well as: work with technology to understand the existing systems and technology goals, work with the UAT team and assist with translating high-level requirements into test cases, and project management stakeholders and build relationships.
* Acts as a proxy for the business throughout development, testing, and release activities to ensure business needs are met.
* Act as a liaison between the line of business, technology, UAT, and project management stakeholders and build relationships between stakeholders.
* Develop a high-level understanding of line of business product roadmaps, common technology systems, and work within and support existing BMO methodology for UAT, business analysis, and project management, including standard templates and other deliverables.
* In partnership with the line of business, help develop and recommend solutions for product and project deliverables such as product roadmaps, assisting with operational vision and high-level requirements, wireframes, and so on which can help the LOB and UAT.
* Determine and document user requirements for business processes and abide by those requirements for future projects (Opportunity Assessment documentation).
Work with partners including the line of business, technology, project management, UAT, and others to achieve objectives of improved efficiency, and supporting UAT.
* Assist the UAT team in review of test cases and test scenarios based on high-level understanding of systems, solutions, and requirements.
* Support UAT Leads and traceability throughout the entire UAT lifecycle to ensure that test cases meet user requirements.
* Review and validate defect resolutions with stakeholders.
* Identify any risks and issues and work with the Project Managers, Product Manager, Accountable Executive, and other key stakeholders in assisting in identifying mitigation and contingency plans.
* Know your business and technology stakeholders, systems, and processes, and understand the work to assist in simplifying work processes, systems, and improve productivity within your team while maintaining focus on the customer and employee experience.
* Additional responsibilities will be added as the role evolves and grows.
* Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Delivery Framework
* Minimum of 5 years working in Software Testing, Quality Assurance, or Business Analysis with experience in writing test cases
* Minimum of 5 years of previous Business Analysis experience,.
* Experience producing wireframes and other visual representations of systems for use with non-technical stakeholders
* Familiarity with creating and maintaining traceability matrices.
* Experience working with testing tools as determined by the business and technology (such as HP ALM and JIRA)
* College or university degree and/or relevant work experience
* Proficient in working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Knowledge and experience with developing requirements in agile and waterfall methodologies.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills, with the capability to present, and articulate complex concepts (verbally, written) to business and technical teams.
* Strong organization and prioritization skills
* Strong planning skills (resource, strategy, business)
* Strong risk management skills
* Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
* Can multi-task and operate under a high pressured environment
* Ability to balance competing stakeholder priorities and perspectives and advocate for win-win solutions
* Tolerance and flexibility for resolving ambiguities
* Requires the ability to build consensus and resolve interpersonal challenges
* Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
* Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
* Driven, delivery focused and pragmatic
* A passion for software testing and technology
* Strong analytical and logical approach to quality assurance
* Tenacity for problem solving and meticulous attention to detail
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
About Bmo Financial Group
Bank of Montreal (BMO Financial Group, BMO) is a diversified financial services provider.