MemorialCare's Epic Team develops creative strategies to achieve common end goals while collaborating with our end users. The Business Systems Specialist - Epic Prelude/Grand Central is considered a subject matter expert, involved with all phases of software deployment from design through implementation to post implementation problem solving. They independently provide an advanced level of operational and application build expertise with their focus geared more towards complex and overall large projects. They mentor peers and provide educational/informational sessions to improve workflows, troubleshooting or system design pertaining to the overall team as well as internal implementation processes.
Business Systems Specialists provide specialized patient access application expertise and assistance in the analysis, design, deployment, and support of critical business functions within MemorialCare's information technology systems portfolio. Individuals work closely with both external and internal customers, department colleagues, system vendors, and other stakeholders to define user requirements and provide integrated solutions based upon MemorialCare's standard, and occasionally customized, computer/systems architecture and applications. They apply their expertise to improve business processes and support critical business strategies, as they seek out opportunities to educate customers in the strategic use of MemorialCare's information technology and applications portfolio.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Extensive working knowledge of key areas of the healthcare business.
* Minimum 3 years' experience as a systems analyst, applications specialist or equivalent business experience in a leadership role, preferred.
* Good working knowledge and previous experience with business systems, PCs, collaborative computing tools, information management in healthcare, general information architectures, systems integration, laws, and regulations.
* Successful experiences owning, designing, and implementing process improvements.
* Experience leading successful projects using project management methodology.
* Relevant certification(s) required to support your assigned application(s).
* Experience in presenting to groups and leading meetings, preferred.
* Associate or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Management OR equivalent work experience is desirable.
* Epic Certification in Prelude, Grand Central, or HIM. Other Epic billing application certification experience will be considered.
* Up to 2 days a week telecommuting after probationary period to those who qualify.
* Relocation Assistance available to those who qualify.