Job Title: Business Systems Analyst, Veeva Solutions
Reports to: Vice President, Information Technology
Direct reports: None
Job Code: E19-291
Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on transforming the migraine treatment paradigm through the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapeutic antibodies. Alder's lead product candidate, eptinezumab, is a pivotal-stage monoclonal antibody (mAb) that inhibits calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP). Eptinezumab, if approved, will be the first-to-market infusion therapy for migraine prevention. Alder is also developing ALD1910, a preclinical mAb that inhibits pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide-38 (PACAP-38) for migraine prevention.
Alder submitted a Biologic Application License to the FDA for eptinezumab in February 2019 and plans to obtain regulatory approval in the United States for eptinezumab for the prevention of migraines for patients that suffer with episodic migraine and chronic migraine. Advancing and commercializing eptinezumab in the United States is Alder's priority however we are exploring partnership opportunities to commercialize eptinezumab outside of the United States.
Alder's mission to is to forever change migraine treatment and give patients their lives back. This isn't just something we say - it's what we do. It's our dedication each and every day to working to deliver drugs that can significantly improve the lives of those highly impacted by migraine. We do it for our spouses, our cousins, our friends, our co-workers, and the countless others suffering from migraine. For us, it's personal.
The Business Systems Analyst, Veeva Solutions is responsible for providing direction and technical support for Alder's Veeva CRM and Veeva Vault installations; which includes identifying business requirements, coordinating implementation of system changes, providing functional system support, and interfacing with Alder Sales, Sales Operations, Business Analytics, and Training groups to ensure effective solution adoption. This position will engage various user groups to gather requirements, design solutions, and implement and maintain the Veeva environments.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring Veeva applications meet business needs by designing business enhancements, optimizing business processes, and addressing process gaps.
* Performing administrative functions in the Veeva CRM and Vault platforms; maintain user accounts, load data reports, resolve end-user technical and functional issues and monitor and report on system performance and utilization.
* Managing and triaging the operations support queue for incidents, service requests and enhancements.
* Functioning as Project Leader for various upgrade and process improvement efforts.
* Managing internal and external resources engaged in the development and support of Veeva CRM, and Vault.
* Authoring and maintaining user and functional requirements, managing user acceptance testing, as well as documenting, managing and implementing system change requests.
* Supporting the delivery of end-user training.
* Maintaining Veeva system certifications and knowledge.
* Maintaining knowledge of the Veeva and related solution industry, objectively understands and evaluates the capabilities of tools and technologies; compares with the needs of the business and recommends potential solutions to business leadership.
* BS/BA degree is required, preferably in a technical field.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in regulated environments such as bio-pharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, medical device or healthcare industry is strongly preferred.
* At least 3 years of Veeva and/or salesforce.com CRM as well as Veeva Vault configuration and support is strongly preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must work within a cohesive, fast-moving project team.
* Must have willingness to learn new skills and be flexible with change.
* Demonstrated experience with IT processes including User Requirements gathering, Project Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management.
* Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, and business concepts to technical audiences.
* Demonstrated excellent Data Analysis skills and experience with data integrations.
* Exposure to any of the following areas: Marketing, Commercial, Medical, Patient Services.
About Alder BioPharmaceuticals
Alder BioPharmaceuticals develops and seeks to commercialize genetically engineered therapeutic antibodies with the potential to meaningfully transform current treatment paradigms.