FLSA Status: Exempt
The Systems Analyst will, at the direction of others in the Applications group, perform diagnostics, analyses and problem resolution for Laboratory IT systems. The incumbent will also be responsible for creating and maintaining the IT infrastructure of laboratory computerized systems which includes development, security and compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Support troubleshooting and problem resolution for laboratory IT systems (networked and stand-alone).
* Support data mining requests from managed lab IT systems in various output formats such as Crystal reports or Excel file extractions.
* Support application modifications that deliver process improvements to managed lab systems.
* Identify, plan, and estimate tasks for cross-functional projects involving server based technologies, suggesting replacement technologies where feasible.
* Understand site business processes and their usage of the server based applications and system functions.
* Develop, configure and test applications based on business requirements and solution design. Participate with other project team members including third parties in the completion of similar activities.
* Execute the Software Development Life Cycle as directed by existing processes and procedures. These systems and processes will be focused mainly on lab functions.
* Document applications and support validation efforts on applications where required.
* Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
* Must be able to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
* Must be able to manage simple to complex projects.
* Must demonstrate a sense of urgency to resolve customer issues.
* Must be able to rapidly gain understanding of existing site processes and systems to enable fixes, future enhancements and migration of critical site data and applications.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work with technical employees, facilitate geographically dispersed resources and effectively interface with various levels of management and team structures.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills to effectively analyze needs and implement decisions.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree is required: Computer Science or related
* Minimum three years' progressive experience of Systems Analysis and Design Experience with a minimum of two years with responsibilities within small to medium project development and rollout experience.
* Six Sigma Green Belt, M1, or Lean Certification is desirable to correctly analyze and support development and sustain the improvements delivered by these mission critical applications.
* Project Management course participation is also desirable to ensure projects are monitored and delivered on committed timelines. using project management skills to deliver projects within scope
* Experience working in a regulated environment is preferred (i.e. FDA, FAA, OSHA, etc.).
* Previous experience within multiple software or product development projects, working with internal and external partners is needed to ensure successful delivery of these complex solutions.
* Experience in development processes across a variety of system environments, tools and languages is preferred. Specific software environment, tools, and languages include:
* Windows Servers, HTML, XML, ASP, PHP, Web services, Java, Microsoft Office, Project, .NET, Visual Studio, and Networking TCPIP. Open Source and Object oriented design solutions such as Tomcat, Alfresco, Activity, spring and other emerging standards is desirable. Databases of MS-Access, MSSQL, DB2, and familiarity with ODBC and JDBC techniques.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
* Typically requires travel less than 5% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
* Primarily office environment.
* Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
About ICU Medical
ICU Medical is a medical device company that provides infusion therapy, oncology, and critical care products.