The GMF Data Warehouse Business Systems Analysis (BSA) team serves as the primary point of contact and support for users interacting with the Data Warehouse. The BSA team works with end users to define and document business requirements, reporting metrics and data usage patterns for the Design and Development teams. The BSA team assists users with query development and with general Data Warehouse guidance. The BSA team prioritizes requests for new data and for Data Warehouse modifications with the Data Warehouse Steering committee. The BSA team provides the project management function on Data Warehouse projects such as new data requests and projects that are internal to the Data Warehouse team. In addition, the BSA team writes the reporting requirements for major initiatives and projects managed through the PMO.
* Gather requirements and create high quality business requirements documentation for data warehouse initiatives * Communicate consistently and effectively with Data Warehouse users during development and while fulfilling maintenance requests * Provide project management for Data Warehouse maintenance requests from inception through delivery * Provide query assistance to Data Warehouse users, including ad hoc queries as needed * Research and troubleshoot Data Warehouse support tickets, including querying the Data Warehouse tables, confirming data values in various source systems, and tracing data lineage from source to target * Report timely and accurate metrics regarding Data Warehouse projects and support ticket counts week to week * Create and maintain SharePoint sites for the Data Warehouse user community, containing models, mapping documents, and training aids * Perform other duties as assigned * Conform with all company policies and procedures
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPLead Business Systems Analyst - Data Warehouse US
* Knowledge of business processes for supported business groups * Knowledge of GM Financials core business functions, policies and procedures * Working knowledge of all system applications * Working knowledge of information systems and operations systems for supported business groups * Working knowledge of the consumer loan business * Working knowledge of the Corporate Business solution environment * Working knowledge of Data Warehousing principles, including Dimensional Models, ETL, Oracle Database and Development Principles * Basic understanding of the designs and functions of effective Data Warehouse solutions * Working knowledge of standard project management methodologies
* Ability to interact with staff at all levels * Ability to meet expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives * Deadline oriented * Good in the use of Microsoft Office software * Good computer skills and conversance in information technology issues * Good people skills * Good writing and speaking skills * Ability to analyze data using Excel for reporting and data mining purposes * Ability to write basic SQL queries and to understand technical specifications to ensure proposed solutions meet business requirements * Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and a moderate workload
* High School Diploma required * Bachelor's Degree in MIS, information Technology, in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
* Minimum of one year of experience as a Data Warehouse BSA or an IT Project Manager in a Data Warehouse environment required
* Subject to stressful situations * Fast-paced office environment * Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers * Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems