Are you interested in becoming part of a dynamic team that is looking to innovate and improve?
Would you like to work for a company that has been rated by the BBJ (15 yrs) as one of the best places to work?
Do you want to be part of a company that is committed to giving back to the community?
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our organization as Senior Business Systems Analyst. The Senior Business Systems Analyst maintains Harvard Pilgrim's rating applications, leads system enhancement efforts and facilitates application implementations for all market segments in compliance with the ACA regulations. The individual leads the technical aspect of the rating domain by developing and maintaining the rating applications. The systems include rating engines, online portals, and desktop rating applications.
The individual is responsible for performing quality assurance testing and peer reviews as well as leading troubleshooting and remediating application issues. The individual performs analytics on rating data, conducts relevant impact analysis to rating systems and communicates the findings to the respective stakeholders. The individual develops, updates and maintains documents on business processes and technical procedures. The position works closely with other Actuarial teams, Underwriting, Sales, and IT staff.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
* Leads the maintenance of Harvard Pilgrim's rating systems, applications as well as provide oversight to rate releases for all market segments as per the release schedules and resource assignments.
* Design, develop and implement various Rate Model design enhancements as assigned.
* Develop reports, queries and/or extracts to support rating related ad hoc or scheduled data requests and analytics.
* Perform out-of-the-box thinking, collaborate with others, and make a difference every day!
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent with at least 7-10 years of work experience with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience or master's degree with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
* Good understanding of IT systems, software lifecycle, technology operations and strong background in healthcare systems.
* Advanced Excel, VBA, Access, SQL, general programming skills and XML programming skills.
* Resilient, collaborative, flexible, innovative.
WHAT MAKES US STAND OUT
* Paid volunteer time off (up to 3 days annually)
* Open Time Off
* Annual Mini-Grant of $500 donated to a non-profit organization of the employee's choice
* Educational Reimbursement
Office environment. Ability to commute to HPHC facilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.