Business Systems Analyst - Commercial Business
As a Business Systems Analyst in Pharma Informatics US (USIX) you are responsible for understanding the strategic drivers and tactical needs of one of Genentech's commercial business areas, translating these business needs into IT requirements, and supporting the implementation of the fit for purpose IT solutions through the end-to-end software development lifecycle (SDLC). A successful candidate will have an agile and design thinking mindset that performs as a Product Owner.
The candidate selected for the position will be supporting one of the following Genentech's business areas :
* Organized Customer Engagement (OCE): Commercial area accountable for operationalizing commercial and government contracts, processing rebates and other financial commitments on these contracts, complying with government/regulatory product and product price reporting requirements, and evaluating impacts from new contracting strategies as well as regulatory changes.
* Field Customer Engagement (FCE): Commercial area accountable for streamlining the customer(Health Care Professionals & health Care Organizations) engagement, enabling and incentivizing the field personnel to provide a seamless experience to the external customers, providing market strategies to keep Genentech competitive and creating analytical dashboards for operational, and planning purposes.
* Patient Engagement (PE) : Commercial area accountable for building and scaling products that improve the lives of patients and customers.
* Analyze business scenarios that may potentially be solved by implementation of automated systems and/or modifications to business processes
* Lead business stakeholders and other business systems analysts thru the business analysis lifecycle
* Provide expertise in identification, evaluation, design, development, and deployment of systems and/or processes
* Play key role in delivering product solutions that are cost effective, sustainable, and meet business requirements
* Perform knowledge transfer and provide ongoing leadership, to support project go-live and beyond, operations and support activities
* Be accountable for documentation, which may include, but is not limited to:
* Create and refine user stories and scenarios, with an emphasis on defining business value and acceptance criteria
* Functional and/or technical specifications
* Process flow diagrams
* Training documentation and/or work instructions
* Analyze/document high-level requirements (scope)
* Analyze/document detailed functional requirements and business rules (develop use cases / user stories)
* Provide consultation to customers regarding enhancement/improvement of current solutions and implementation of new solutions - both systems and processes
* Facilitate and/or support customers in user acceptance test (UAT) planning and execution
* Participate in and advise roadmap discussions and be a key member of vendor assessment teams
* Drive resolution of business or systems issues
* Establish productive collaboration with Project Managers, Architects, Operations Teams, Technical Leads, and Software Quality Assurance roles in the definition of the project's scope, risks identification, and support of the implementation of the IT solutions
* Ideally, reach a level of engagement and partnering where IT could proactively identify Business opportunities for our partners even before they recognize the business need.
* 5+ years experience analyzing business requirements and leading information systems projects through the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Experience delivering technical solutions across various business groups
* Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking and analysis, design thinking, documentation, group facilitation and presentation skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide-array of enterprise stakeholders from end-users to executive-level stakeholders
* Pharma, Life sciences industry and commercial business and process knowledge strongly preferred
* Experience with Pharma data sources (e.g. Health Care Provider, Health Care Organizations, sales data, financial data) desirable
* Ability to provide guidance and oversight to less senior BSA's, and guide contractors to ensure long term capabilities and support requirements are met. Proven ability to operate as a functional team lead on large projects is a plus
* Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
* Ability to lead the discussion to identify problems, alternatives and solutions
Business Specific Requirements/Qualifications:
Expertise in at least one of these Business fields:
* Commercial Contracting and Government Programs :
* Working knowledge of current contract management software solutions and capabilities widely used in the pharmaceutical industry
* Experience with Revitas or Model N Systems with focus on Revenue Management and Government Pricing Reporting is a plus
* Field Customer Engagement - Business Analysis for Commercial Applications
* Working knowledge of CRM systems, specifically Sales Force dot com
* Well versed with Customer data and able to deliver data driven insights
* Preferred experience in healthcare with focus on Commercial
* Experience with data warehousing and Operational analytics, a plus
* Patient Engagement :
* Working knowledge of helping patients access the medicines they need and supporting them through their journey
* Experience with internally-facing call center/service, field team support, and externally facing solutions serving physicians, practice managers, and patients.