The Business Systems Analyst will provide direction to team members and liaison between technology, operations, and various business units to lead and facilitate the creation and specification of business requirements regarding core banking business solutions and/or enhancements to existing business processes and solutions. This position works closely with end-users and identifies and specifies business processes, analyzes requirements, extracts business rules, resolves organizational information problems and recommends system controls and protocols, in conjunction with testing, documenting, implementing and supporting new product implementation and releases.
The successful candidate will be able to:
* Provide consultative assistance to assigned business units to streamline processes as it relates to the efficient use of core banking systems.
* Conducts analysis and document business unit needs, objectives and requirements; performing gap analysis between current and desired processes and systems, root cause analysis, defining project scope, coordinating cost/benefit analysis, and ensuring the appropriate areas in IT are involved.
* Cultivate strong relationships with internal customer base, vendors, and other internal technical support to provide strong project management services.
* Work cross-functionally with end users and technical team to collect, evaluate and compress data and information from multiple sources, resolve conflicts and differentiate between actual and required user needs.
* Leverage internal software development tools to build and deliver solutions for smaller departmental process needs, as appropriate and needed.
* Create user interface wire-frames, pseudo-code and other technical artifacts to assist with defining and delivering customer software solutions.
* Lead the development of automated test-scripts.
* Champion and lead the adoption and implementation of Agile or other agreed upon software development lifecycle methodologies.
* Facilitates cross-functional team meetings to develop and implement business solutions and optimize operations, conducts impact analysis of new products, systems, upgrades and changes for department/functional areas, and evaluates systems and business processes for feasibility.
* Plan and drive product definitions, develop road maps for projects assigned, and define release priorities, product improvements and enhancements; ensures new or modified processes and systems meet project objectives and business requirements.
* Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; develops, writes, updates and maintains system protocols, internal controls and detailed universally understood standard operating procedures for end user reference and training use.
* Proactively participate in user acceptance testing projects. Develop testing scenarios and scripts, identify and document functional test cases, write and execute test scripts for all upgrades or conversions.
* Operates in full compliance with internal policies, procedures, security requirements, and regulatory guidelines.
* Function as project team leader or participates as a business unit lead, project team member or subject matter expert during core banking conversions.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and networking and participation in professional organizations.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, business management, or equivalent - required.
* 3-5 years recent experience in a banking and financial services industry functional business area (i.e., loan or deposit operations, IT, finance systems or applications, or business process re-engineering), with strong working knowledge of banking business processes, core processing systems, and managing projects for technical and business solutions - required.
* Certified PMP (Project Management Professional), CBAP (Certified Business Analyst), or CCBA (Certified Competency in Business Analysis) - highly desired.
* Excellent communication/ interpersonal skills and customer service orientation combined with ability to communicate effectively across business lines at all levels.
* Strong research, time management, and organizational skills to manage multiple projects and meet concurrent deadlines.
* Strong technical, problem-solving, and analytical reasoning skills to understand end user's requirements and transform into operational application and technical alternatives.
* Extensive experience developing and implementing cross-organizational business process flows, creating test plans and scripts to document complex business processes.
* Strong knowledge of business processes and experience leading application development efforts.
* Expert knowledge of Agile or similar software development lifecycle methodology.
* Proficient in writing SQL and using spreadsheets to facilitate data extraction for purposes of data analysis, data mapping and other similar activities.
* Proficient in the use of database access tools and understands the Database->Table->column->Index dynamics.
* Working knowledge of related statutory banking and compliance regulations, operational policies and procedures, and the Bank's products and services of assigned business unit, i.e., deposits, loans, etc.
* Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
* Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
* Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project); working knowledge and experience in financial industry core processing systems (DNA) - preferred; and ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
* Occasional travel may be required for meetings; valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
* Climate controlled office environment.
* Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions, and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
* Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, as needed.
* Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
* Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports.
* Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, climbing, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
* Occasional lifting 5 - 10 lbs., files, boxes, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com
##JobCategory:Information Technology / Systems##
##Street:5448 S Tacoma Way##