Responsible for assisting in the evaluation and maintenance of business system applications. Works with all departments to maximize the use of in place systems or recommends and coordinates selection and implementation of new applications.
Responsibilities Working with the Business Systems Manager, the role is responsible for maintaining and maximizing use of the J.D. Edwards and related applications in order to maximize user efficiency. Continuously evaluate operational procedures to determine how technology can improve efficiency and determine if internal resources (in-house database development or report programming) or external resources (new products, consultants) are the most cost-effective source. Continuously evaluate potential new technology products intended to maximize the efficiency of the organization on a cost benefit basis. Works closely with all facets of the IT staff (network administration, web development, programming and training) in order to maximize the efficiency of all personnel. Work with all staff to identify database and information needs and if required, design and test any database development and reports generated or required. Performs other duties and projects as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
Other Job Functions
Track and report any operational efficiencies gained through introduction of new technology. Keeps abreast of changes in computer technology, software enhancements and development applications. Interacts with software vendors to resolve processing errors and/or discrepancies, plan for and assist in implementing upgrades, and so forth.
1. Working knowledge of the J.D. Edwards program and table structure is preferred. Also working knowledge of programming languages and reporting packages (i.e. SQL, Delphi, Visual Basic, Information Builders).
2. Minimum of two to three years of real estate operational knowledge preferred.
3. Approximately two to four years progressively more responsible, related experience in order to gain in-depth knowledge of computer applications systems.
4. Must have a strong understanding of all accounting functions including general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable. A basic knowledge of property management processes is preferred.
5. Good interpersonal skills necessary in order to work with users, in order to determine how technology can maximize their efficiency
6. Knowledge of microcomputers in order to support the computer operations and users at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
About First Industrial Realty Trust
First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc. is a real estate investment trust (REIT).