The Chicago Public Schools (CPS) has set ambitious goals to ensure that every child-in every school and every neighborhood-has access to a world-class learning experience from birth, resulting in graduation from high school college- and career-ready.
Assists with the implementation and maintenance of the integrated CPS ERP system. Perform other duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Develop trainings, User Performance Kits (UPKs), test scripts, and other technical support documentation to assist with the use, knowledge base, and functionality of Oracle financial modules (Payables, iSupplier, iProcurement, General Ledger (GL), iExpense, etc.), custom CPS modules (Internal Accounting Management System (IAMS), Property Tax, Payments to Contract & Charter Schools (PCCS), Student Transportation, etc.) and other software and systems utilized by the Finance Department.
* Assist with the implementation and maintenance of financial system processes and procedures related to Oracle financial modules, custom CPS modules (IAMS, Property Tax, PCCS, etc.), Kanban, and other software and systems utilized by the Finance Department.
* Develop financial reports using various reporting tools across financial modules and software.
* Assist with the development of user requirements for future financial modules, both standard and CPS developed.
* Manage the Internal Accounting Management System (IAMS) module and support the technology and reporting aspects of the School Internal Accounts Program.
* Support the Office of the Controller, School Support Center (SSC), and other Finance units in the resolution of Internal Accounting Management (IAMS), Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), and other financial systems issues.
* Ensure IAMS transactions are recorded properly by monitoring school internal accounts transfers, internal account journal entries, and Oracle budget transfers; escalating non-technical issues to management and team members.
* Triage all technical issues relating to financial systems; escalating to appropriate parties as needed.
* Work directly with School Demographics & Planning unit to obtain data needed for analysis and distribution of closed school internal accounts.
* Assist with content management for comprehensive online school internal accounts manual aligned with Board policy and requirements of other governing bodies and standards.
* Manage the internal and external web-based content produced by the Office of the Controller.
* Other technical and financial reporting duties as assigned.
* Education - Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Finance, Management and Information Systems (MIS) or related field.
* Experience - Governmental technology support experience a plus; experience as a business systems analyst or e-procurement systems analyst preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft (or similar) Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Projects, etc. is required.
* Advanced knowledge of project management tools, S/FTP integrations, various Excel-based add-ins and macros, etc. is preferred
* Oracle Financial (or similar ERP) software experience is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
* Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate (highly preferred)
* Project Management Professional (PMP)/Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) (preferred)
As a condition of employment with the Chicago Public Schools (CPS), employees are required to live within the geographic boundaries of the City of Chicago within six months of his or her CPS hire date and maintain residency throughout their employment with the district.