Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful insight and impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcare landscape. Inovalon's unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action.
Inovalon Inc., seeks Business Systems Analyst for multiple openings.
* Acquire and transform operational, technical, clinical and health data from Inovalon's databases to optimize business processes and software applications, with a focus on systems scope and objectives to provide technical guidance concerning the business implications of various systems;
* Develop and define data and project requirements, applying judgement, statistical tests, and data analysis as required;
* Optimize operation systems and design modifications/enhancements by studying the current system in action, using data reporting and analysis tools (e.g. SQL) to pull relevant technical business and product development data from appropriate databases, reviewing relevant regulatory documents and publications, and benchmarking state-of-the-art best practices;
* Systematically identify and synthesize business, operations, and technology data and leverage this analysis as the basis for recommendations for the solving of business systems problems and processes associated with complex healthcare technology data;
* Develop a high-level solution by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, and studying system capabilities and documented specifications;
* Perform validation and testing of solutions through managing and executing user acceptance plans, collaborating with the development team during user testing and complex validation sessions, and responding to technical and functional product questions raised by stakeholders, and reformulate solutions as necessary to ensure that the recommended solution is responsive to the data requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Statistics, Data Analytics, or related field of study, plus at least 2 years of experience in the position offered or at least 2 years of experience as an Analyst, Developer, or a related role;
* In lieu of a Bachelor's degree plus at least 2 years of experience, Employer is willing to accept a Master's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Statistics, Data Analytics, or related field of study, plus at least 1 year of experience in the position offered or at least 1 year of experience as an Analyst, Developer, or a related role;
* All applicants must have experience with: (1) statistical/quantitative analyses and/or data mining using tools (e.g. SPSS, SAS, Stata, and/or Minitab); (2) complex data management and visualization tools/languages including SQL (including writing complex SQL queries), Tableau, C, COBOL; and relational database technology ( e.g. MS SQL Server 2008, Team Foundation Server, and Balsamiq mockups); (3) Software Process and Big Data techniques (Hadoop, Spark, etc.); (4) Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Visio; and (5) working in an Agile/Scrum Software Development Methodology.