Inovalon Inc., seeks Business Systems Analyst multiple openings.
* Acquire and transform operational, technical, clinical and health data from Inovalon's databases to optimize business processes and software applications, with a focus on systems scope and objectives to provide technical guidance concerning the business implications of various systems.
* Analyze the current system or application, conceptualize and define operational problems, model and present recommended enhancements and modifications, and walk each new enhancement or modification through the development process, from planning and preparation to testing and implementation.
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including senior managers, decision makers, and other business users to identify and understand the problems and areas requiring optimization, including desired enhancements or modifications.
* Analyze information obtained from management and other stakeholders to conceptualize and define operational problems and prepare and present reports defining and evaluating problems and recommended solutions.
* Develop and define data and project requirements, applying judgement, statistical tests, and data analysis as required.
* Develop solutions to business systems problems, optimize systems, and design modifications/enhancements by studying the current system in action, using data reporting and analysis tools (e.g. SQL) to pull relevant technical business and product development data from appropriate databases, reviewing relevant regulatory documents and publications, and benchmarking state-of-the-art best practices.
* Analyze the impact of a proposed solution on connected processes, systems, and/or applications to determine the best course of action to achieve the desired outcome.
* Develop a high-level solution by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, and studying system capabilities and documented specifications.
* Streamline detailed technical requirements into "user stories" that summarize the time, cost, and resources required to develop and implement the solution, setting out the project team and budget and identifying project milestones, phases, and elements.
* Model and simulate problems and solutions, analyzing and documenting desired enhancements and modifications for applications and processes and their integration with technology.
* Write and present technical reports that summarize the results of modeling and data analysis to management and other end users, incorporating trend analysis and anomalies.
* Participate in the implementation and integration of solutions by monitoring project progress, tracking development and implementation activities, resolving operational problems during the development process, publishing progress reports, and recommending controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures.
* Perform validation and testing of solutions through managing and executing user acceptance plans, collaborating with the development team during user testing and complex validation sessions, and responding to technical and functional product questions raised by stakeholders, and reformulate solutions as necessary to ensure that the recommended solution is responsive to the data requirements.
* Develop, document, and maintain business methods and procedures, including the strategic roadmap (incorporating an overall strategic view that categorizes and prioritizes all current optimization projects and timetables for release), technical support documentation and training materials, system protocol procedures, and user support and training documentation.
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software/Computer Engineering or a related field of study required.
* Master's degree plus at least one year of related professional experience (or two years of related professional experience if in possession of a relevant Bachelor's degree) with quantitative and statistical data analytics, data analysis, business intelligence analytics, systems analysis and design, interactive reporting, data visualization/modeling, data science, and/or database systems.
* Demonstrable knowledge of statistical/quantitative analyses and/or data mining using tools (e.g. SPSS, SAS, Stata, and/or Minitab;
* Expertise with complex data management and visualization tools/languages including SQL (including writing complex SQL queries), Tableau, C, COBOL; and relational database technology ( e.g. MS SQL Server 2008, Team Foundation Server, and Balsamiq mockups).
* Experience with Software Process and Big Data techniques (Hadoop, Spark, etc.); Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Visio.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum Software Development Methodology.
Inovalon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.