As a member of the Marketing Systems team, the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for driving marketing solutions and process improvements across Digital Marketing Search Optimization tactics works closely with cross-functional project teams to ensure optimal delivery of solutions and new capabilities to optimize search results and increase traffic and ranking. The Business Analyst works with leadership teams, external service providers, internal technical teams, analytics, and various other business functions to assure production support, and optimization of digital search programs. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Collaborate with business stakeholder to understand Digital Marketing Search Optimization objectives to ensure that projects outcome effectively meet strategic and tactical needs to generate traffic conversion. Develop business requirements: write business stories, define business rules, create page optimization and monitoring strategies and communicate requirements to technical teams.
* Identify opportunities for process and program improvements and enhancements. Validate that page-level optimization and server-level optimization will produce the outcome that meets the requirements and objectives. Recommend tactics and solutions that will optimize Digital Marketing Search and increase customer traffic.
* Assist business stakeholders in prioritizing project work, articulate clear prioritization and business justification to engineering teams and convey IT constraints and dependencies to business users.
* Perform monitoring and production support activities. Ensure SEO/SEM technical processes and digital search related programs and tactics are running smoothly.
* Use understanding of organic search trends, including search engine algorithm changes, the latest tools and technologies as well as expertise in Digital Marketing Search technology and practices to support the business in assessing new tools and vendors and ensuring optimal project implementation. Recommend tactics that will help increase overall organic search visibility and effectiveness for Macys.
* Research data and systems issues, drive discussions with technical resources, and prioritize actions to ensure rapid and effective resolutions to business-critical issues.
* Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* BS/BA degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent experience or 5 years prior experience as a business analyst for digital marketing technology solutions.
* Have a solid knowledge of the search engine spidering, crawling and indexing process.
* Have Experience in web development process, User Experience site design and development process, and search engine technologies.
* Strong communication, negotiation, and problem solving skill are required.
* Detail-oriented, well-organized with ability to translate & communicate complex and abstract issues.
* Experience analyzing, clarifying and translating business requirements into functional and systems related specification documents including process and data flows diagrams.
* Prior experience as a Business analyst or Systems Analyst for digital search technology solutions.
* Understanding of web analytics and metrics to analyze trends and estimate business impact.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
* This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
* Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
* May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
* Ideal candidate will display knowledge of digital marketing search concepts, tools and technologies, such as search usability, server-side settings, server response code, external link building, internal link optimization, sitemaps, robots .txt, redirect etc.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.