The Business Systems Analyst works to manipulate the behavior and/or the structure of an application using an application's inherent tool set. The Business Systems Analyst will configure business rules, workflows, forms, and user interfaces to support business processes for small to medium sized system modifications. Knowledge and ability to apply basic analysis skills is required along with the ability to identify and execute solutions for small to medium system modifications. Scope of work for the Business Systems Analyst role is generally limited to a single business unit or specific area.
* Executes system configuration including data architecture, user interface design, workflow, business rule, and xml changes.
* Creates process design for the highest risk and most complex systems and processes including user acceptance testing (writing complex test cases, implementing and creating solutions).
* Design and document system integration/configuration as required. Plan and coordinate movement of code between various technical environments, and participate in large system implementations. Accurately estimate and deliver assigned tasks.
* Analyze functional application design and develop/test detailed programs for complex components. Participate in requirements definition, design walkthroughs, and code reviews.
* Utilize application development tools and methodologies across multiple platforms.
* Independently prepare business and system requirements documentation for specific portions of an overall system or process.
* Provides support for system users with their application production issues. Provides day to day production support. Perform urgent problem resolution, including 24x7 on call support.
* Participate in design walkthroughs. Assist QA with functional test planning, and as required, execution to ensure success. Assists in post implementation support and system enhancements.
* Conducts testing of system changes done by other Business System Analysts and conducts quality assurance testing for system modifications.
* Develops reports and supports data management for systems.
* Required/Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience.
Minimum Years of Related Work Experience Required:
Basic understanding of enterprise systems. Basic understanding and ability to apply analysis techniques. 2-4 years' experience with system configuration.
Specific Industry and/or Specialty Experience Required:
Insurance or financial services industry background.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to build relationships within the immediate team.
Analytical ability and inquisitiveness. Understanding of IT systems landscape and SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle). Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite. Ability to execute system configurations for solutions already defined. Ability to configure routine system modifications without help.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
To learn more, check out- www.symetra.com/careers
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.