Job FamilyBusiness Systems
Job Description SummaryFacilitate the business analysis process to identify business requirements for system solutions or improved processes that will increase efficiency and overall productivity.Job Description
* Facilitates the elicitation of business and systems requirements.
* Conducts business process analysis and needs assessments in an effort to align IT solutions with business initiatives.
* Lead effort to develop new or revised processes or procedures in lieu of system development.
* Analyze business unit requests and understand business requirements. Work with various technical staff members to determine possible solutions and communicate business and system impacts to IT and Operations staff.
* Prepare documentation for business and system requirements in various formats.
* Build and maintain annuity product data using various platforms, such as DB2, Oracle, Mainframe, Web Applications, XML, Adobe Acrobat and Third Party Vendor Applications.
* Works on project teams that are developing or modifying highly complex information systems. Includes analysis and documentation of business and system requirement and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
* Works with the business owners and technical staff to troubleshoot and drive resolution of moderate to complex production issues related to Tables, Order Entry processes or DTCC/DST feeds.
* Conducts research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and develops formal recommendations to management.
* May use project management methodologies to support a systems development methodology to meet project deliverables.
* Provide test scenarios or test criteria based on knowledge gained through business and systems analysis. May provide approval or quality check on test plans or test matrix.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in IT or a business area discipline or equivalent education/experience.
* Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in business systems analysis.
* 2-4 years of financial industry experience also preferred.
* Strong understanding of annuities.
* Working knowledge of systems methodology, project management, quality assurance and testing methodologies.
* Conceptual knowledge of graphical user interfaces, relational database management systems and data storage.
* Additional experience that is not required but is preferred include:
* Creating Product Profiles for Annuities (PPfA) or Product Profiles for Life (PPfL).
* Experience with XML and HTML coding and Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
* Building/designing to ACORD standards and processing data through DTCC and DST.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
* Willing to lead a team or project to successful completion.
* Work with various technical staff members to determine possible solutions and communicate business and system impacts to IT and Operations staff.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
* Ability to accept and manage changing priorities and address issues quickly and professionally.
* Able to work in a team environment.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
* Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
* Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
* Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
* Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
* Normal office environment.
* Able to work in a team environment.
* Basic personal computer skills including mainframes, PC's and networks.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways - throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.