The Business System Analyst serves as the interface between business stakeholders and the technical teams to define technology requirements and ensure business needs are met with minimal impact on the business stakeholders.
The responsibilities of the Business System Analyst include understanding the requirements for a specific set of financial products offered by the company and ensuring the systems supporting those products work as expected. Additionally, this position defines the product specifications for any new products, including compliance, risk, financial, and data/information needs. Along with the key functions listed below, this position will uphold the value that Washington Federal places on simply being nice when servicing our colleagues and clients.
This position's primary responsibilities are to:
* Work with the key business stakeholders to understand their business, risk, product, financial and regulatory needs for technology related activities,
* Translate those needs into technical requirements, and
* Ensure the resulting product/business solution achieves the expected results.
* Demonstrated understanding of custom software development, desktop, collaboration and familiarity with the technologies necessary to maintain a banking operation.
* Ability to interpret regulations and laws, and communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrated skills in problem-solving, organizing and disseminating complex and confidential information.
* Ability to work well cross-functionally with other departments and varying levels of management.
* General knowledge of bank systems, including operating and network systems, with a strong desire to learn more about these systems and other technologies.
* Ability to learn and define detailed requirements for appropriate audit, compliance, and regulatory related recommendations.
* Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, and advanced customer relations skills.
* Ability to quickly determine functional needs from non-technical conversations with users and use analytical skills and tools (e.g., Excel, SQL) to make sound business recommendations.
* Analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information to details
* Listening skills, understand what people say, probe when appropriate and help them articulate their true needs
* Graphics & modeling experience a plus, to represent requirements information in graphical forms (flow charts, swim-lanes, PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
* Must be team oriented, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
About Washington Federal
Washington Federal is the bank holding company for Washington Federal Bank that provides lending, depository, insurance, and other banking services.