Ethical Hacking Business Manager
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
BT Security operates a commercial penetration testing and vulnerability management practice out of Singapore. This practice conducts on-site and remote penetration testing for commercial customers through the AMEA region (Asia-Pacific, Middle East, India, and Africa). This practice will also support UK, Europe, and the Americas with remote testing when resource constraints are present.
Our customers rely on BT to provide network, voice, mobile, and security services so that they can run their businesses efficiently and effectively. We provide all aspects of vulnerability management, including web application, mobile, network, security device, and IOT testing, source code review, policy review and test case development, and red teaming. Our team works closely with BT sales, BT's penetration testing partners throughout AMEA, and BT Security management.
Over the last two years our AMEA operations have grown. Our small team of dedicated testers and 3rd party partners is continuously booked on testing engagements. We are in a position to hire a business manager to support our testers with pre-sales, operations, delivery, and commercial support. This essential role will be the linchpin amongst customers, internal stakeholders, management, and a dedicated international team of testers. This role will help the AMEA team achieve its commercial goals.
To support your development and the business objectives, you will undergo continuous training. You do not need to join our team as an expert, but you must demonstrate the ability to quickly learn and master new technologies and skills. We will fully support your development by providing real-world on-the-job training, sponsored certifications, mentors and coaches, and professional development training.
What you'll be doing
* Pre-sales consulting with customers, sales colleagues, account directors, and product management teams.
* Organize and management of internal team projects
* All aspects of 3rd party management
* Planning and scheduling commercial deliverables
* Commercial front door and statement of work creation
* Business Development
* Customer interaction and support
Connected Leaders Behaviours
* Solution focused achiever: We need this person to focus on delivering exceptional penetration testing services
* Customer champion: we are transforming how we communicate with our customers and need a manager with a customer-focused attitude.
* Change agent: We need a manager who sees our processes and immediately thinks of better ways to do what we are doing, and then leads that change.
* Influence technical penetration testing strategy.
* Supports the market with test scoping.
* Provides advice to the business from a technical testing perspective.
* Supports and acts on management decisions for penetration tests and vulnerability management.
Skills required for the job
* Stakeholder management You need to balance the needs of management, customers, sales teams, and penetration testers
* Cyber security You must understand cyber security concepts and be able to hold conversations about security.
* Vulnerability management You will need to understand the language of vulnerability identification and management
* Communications You must be able to translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand language both verbally and written
* Organisation You must be very organisated and detail-orientated to handle contracts, statements of work, and complex customer demands
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Project or programme management
* Operations management or understanding of operations management
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Intense curiosity and interest in information and cyber security.
* Technical or business experience in commercial information security services
* Understanding of penetration testing
* Experience providing training and mentorship
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid "analysis paralysis")
* Professional VAPT experience
Why choose us?
We've always been an organization with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world's first telecommunications company. At our heart we're a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers - those are the values we live by whilst also creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
Today in this fast changing, always on, digital world our purpose remains true. Yet the market conditions, regulation and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward we'll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that's you and what you're looking for, we'd love you to be part of our future.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We're creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That's why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.