MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
MBD Technology is an agile team that develops solutions in the Content Search, Workflow, Investment Management, Transaction Entry, Investor Management and Business Intelligence areas. Sitting alongside the Merchant Banking business it offers unique opportunities to work with a world class Private Equity Business.
The Merchant Banking Division (MBD) raises capital for companies by directly investing in their corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. It operates on a global platform and works in a fast-paced, exciting environment with individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing. The Merchant Banking Engineering team collaborates with investing and finance professionals to create quantitative models, tools, and analyses supporting all aspects of the Merchant Bank's investing and lending activities. Members of our team are Physicists, Engineers, and Mathematicians, Computer Scientists, Economists and more.
The team's responsibilities include creating quantitative models and analyses and developing software applications and systems to help structure, value, hedge, risk manage the investments and portfolios, and assist processes and reporting. We are interested in individuals who have strong analytical and coding skills and a passion to learn finance. As an Engineer in Merchant Banking, you will have the opportunity to work on many different types of projects including:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Produce search tools, tools for workflow management, data collection, analysis, and visualization
* Establish portfolio management and risk monitoring tools for our investments
* Develop integrations with external parties and cloud based solution providers
* Construct tools that work on desktop and mobile devices
* Create models and systems for trade booking and risk management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other related fields
* Impactful coding and software system design skills
* Ability to communicate with wide breadth of stakeholders, both written and verbally
* Skilled in Java and SQL
* Meaningful working experience working with C#, SQL and other OOP
* Experience building web-based applications or large-scale distributed systems, implementing fundamental algorithms
* Working in different programming languages (ideally Java) and databases (ideally SQL)
* Understanding of market dynamics and conventions, and of different products' behaviors and specifications.
* Applicants need not have specific financial knowledge or experience to apply
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world. Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.