University of Washington
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here. As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a "Great College to Work For" for five consecutive years.
The UW Finance Transformation Program (UWFT) is a $200M initiative to replace the University's financial systems with an integrated system to manage the full suite of financial transactions and reporting needs in the UW system - to include academic, administrative, and healthcare. UWFT will fundamentally change the processes and tools that the University employs to track, spend, collect, manage, and report University finances in excess of $7B in annual revenues, resulting in more timely and actionable information for leadership. Among the UW's highest administrative priorities, this multi-year initiative is one of the largest finance system projects in Washington State and the outcome of the program will be highly visible at all levels of the University and the state.
The UW Finance Transformation Program has an excellent opportunity for a Business Process Design Lead.
Reporting to the Design Director, the Business Process Design Lead will lead the development and design of the future state Manage Cash and Financial Assets process. They will be responsible for supervising project staff, managing the project-related activities of business unit staff serving as extended team members and subject matter experts, and coordinating the activities of vendor and consulting team members. The Lead will manage the functional and business process activities of the project within the FDM/Record to Report process area, to achieve the project's scope, quality and business objectives, within predefined schedule and budget constraints.
Manage Cash and Financial Assets Process Design
* Assume responsibility for design, configuration and testing of the full end to end Manage Cash and Financial Assets future state business process design, development, prototype and ongoing refinement.
* Provide overall leadership and subject matter expertise in the design of the Manage Cash and Financial Assets future state process and oversee the timely completion of deliverables required by the project plan.
* Coordinate and participate in University design workshops, assist in the development of related future state business process and role design documents, review impact assessment and assist in the identification of gaps.
* Participate in training and hands on learning opportunities to gain a deep understanding of software module configuration required to support the Customer Requisition to Payment future state process design.
* Complete hands-on functional and technical project activities and provide guidance to University resources for the Manage Cash and Financial Assets function. Demonstrate and explain key product features, configuration decisions, documentation requirements and design. Provide knowledge transfer to the project team, configure the corresponding functionality and assist in testing and supporting the roll-out.
* Ensure that design reflects requirements and the outcomes of the Business Process Design work and requirements defined for the future state Manage Cash and Financial Assets process.
* Maintain documentation necessary to develop test scripts that validate final product meets defined requirements.
* Coordinate with other functional leads to ensure cross functional agreement on consistent approach to documentation of functional configuration.
* Work with the Design Director to establish and lead the work teams needed to successfully implement the module.
* Work with the testing lead to create and execute functional tests; sign off on functional readiness; and recruit, train, and incorporate volunteers from across campus in the design/test efforts.
* Participate in development of user personas and related user stories and use cases to support UW system requirements and testing needs.
* Coordinate with other functional leads on parallel, sequential and cross-module efforts and to resolve resource conflicts across functions.
* Meet frequently with business owner representatives to stay current on issues and ensure support for the Manage Cash and Financial Assets related project decisions.
Team Leadership and Supervision
* Build effective working relationships with project team members and key stakeholders, including the technical, testing, and organizational change team members, who will coordinate with the implementation module leads in a matrixed relationship.
* Conduct regular team meetings and meet frequently with project and business stakeholders.
* Work closely with vendor resources to ensure the UW and vendor resources are working as a single team.
* Supervise, coach and mentor team members within both matrixes and direct reporting environments.
Communication and Facilitation
* Facilitate regular meetings of Process Transformation Teams, developing agendas, meeting materials and prototype demonstrations to obtain ongoing input to the Workday system configuration and design.
* Identify, articulate and escalate policy, process and configuration issues that require resolution through the UWFT program governance structure.
* Other duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree and six years of increasingly responsible experience, including project management and supervisory responsibilities.
* Experience working in a matrixed environment driving development of timely deliverables across multiple team members.
* Experience facilitating groups of end users to prototype and obtain feedback on system development, upgrades or configuration decisions.
* Effective team-building and motivation skills, including a proven track record of developing and building team member strengths, helping team members with challenges, and providing a supportive working environment to enable active employee engagement and optimal team performance.
* Experience acting as a collaborative and supportive member of a team to accomplish project goals.
* Experience dealing with organizational change management and in leading process improvement efforts to successful outcomes.
* Demonstrated success in facilitating large group meetings, workshops, and work groups.
* Ability to deal with trade-offs, conflict, and change management, in a collaborative and positive manner.
* Ability to understand business and technical issues and alternatives, and facilitate problem solving and issue resolution within and across these modalities, including phases of fit-gap analysis, system design and configuration, security design, system integration, data conversion options, testing, training, reporting, requirements tracking, and business process improvement.
* Ability to communicate clearly, in writing and in verbal presentations, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Expertise with SharePoint, spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation application.
* Ability to create and utilize business process documentation.
* Ability to quickly learn, assimilate, and apply new information related to technical, functional or process changes.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
* Prior experience with public accounting or consulting firm.
* Experience using UW Financial systems and processes and/or managing cash and financial assets.
* Experience with Workday Finance and/or Workday HCM.
* Experience in a large university, large medical center, or other large complex enterprise.
* Experience representing and/or leading system development and implementation efforts across a large, decentralized enterprise.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select "Apply to this position". Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your "My Jobs" page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, your experiences, perspectives and unique identities will be honored at the University of Washington. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
About University of Washington
University of Washington is an educational institution that provides undergraduate, graduate, and research programs.