Be a member of an entrepreneurial team within the Property & Casualty Claim department made up of actuarial and data professionals partnering across the Claim organization. Become a CNA Claim data subject matter expert, establish metrics, provide claim data analyses and work directly with Claim professionals in support of Claim business intelligence. The successful candidate will be technically strong, understand our business goals and will enhance our analytical capabilities. The position encourages innovation with the broader goal of helping to pioneer a data and analytics culture within Claim. Be a part of the momentum already established and help make a significant impact to the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Design, build and own "one source of truth" claim data marts to facilitate consistency and efficiency in extracting and analyzing claim data across the organization.
2. Participate in data strategy discussions to drive analytical capabilities forwards through the use of insurance, claim, business, and data knowledge.
3. Drives accountability for data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data.
4. Participates in or leads data-related projects
5. Influence Claim initiatives by making data informed business decisions and by partnering with Claim leaders in identifying opportunities to build and analyze metrics.
6. Innovate and improve efficiency of managing data to allow for greater speed and accuracy of producing analyses, metrics and insights.
7. Collaborates with management, technical staff and subject matter advisors to understand business needs/issues, troubleshoot problems, conduct root cause analysis and develop cost effective resolutions for data anomalies.
8. Participate in data governance initiatives to enhance current systems, ensure development of efficient application systems, influence the development of data policy, and support overall corporate and business goals.
9. Verifies accuracy of table changes and data transformation processes. Ensures adequacy of test plans and monitors application testing results associated with data transformation processes between applications
10. Stay up to date on data science trends and developments.
11. May perform additional duties as assigned.
Data Management Director
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Expert SQL skills.
2. Knowledge of applications such as, Alteryx, Tableau and other business related software a plus.
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to learn new techniques and tools.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills including technical topics to non-technical audiences.
5. Knowledge of Insurance and Claim Operations preferred.
6. Ability to leverage enterprise applications for reporting and process improvement to meet business objectives.
7. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced dynamic workforce.
8. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
9. Possesses some influence management skills.
10. Readily adapts to change.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Actuarial Science or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum of seven years of related work experience.
About CNA Financial
CNA Financial Corporation is an insurance holding company, which provides a variety of customers, including small, medium and large businesses, associations, professionals, and individuals with a range of insurance and risk management products and services.