Everest Reinsurance Company, a member of Everest Re Group, is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Developer for our headquarters in Liberty Corner, NJ.
This work will involve building data models and dashboards that support the work of our Financial Services division.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Designing data models, building dashboards & reports, building ETL processes, and implementing Data Quality & Monitoring Tools, Reporting/Analytics Tools and mapping those to optimal business solutions
* Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business ideas
* Create consistent and accurate technical and end-user documentation of implemented applications, databases and systems.
* Follow Microsoft SQL and database best practices to improve the operational reporting environment while focusing on resolving problems raised by team members, stakeholders and end users.
* Document the logical and physical components of operational databases and their functionality during the course of the work.
* Production support of our BI / Analytics applications, root cause analysis of incidents, defect fixing, enhancements, and developing new applications
Work Experience & Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or computer or quantitative degree in conjunction with business degree or relevant experience.
* 3-5 years or more of business intelligence experience
* Proficient in quantitative analysis, visualization, and modeling using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Experienced in QlikView/Qliksense etc.)
* MS Power BI a strong plus, not required.
* Experience in business data and analytics solution development and implementation, including data warehouse schema development, dimensional modeling, ETL creation and troubleshooting
* High proficiency in SQL (ANSI) with the ability to write complex freehand SQL including sub-queries, nested queries, and other advanced SQL features.
* Proven ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources and build innovative solutions.
* Experienced/Familiarity with Agile methodology.
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All considered applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. with unexpired, acceptable employment eligibility verification