At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 115 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement, or aligning workers with workforce needs. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 80 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
To help us make that difference, we're seeking an exceptional Business Intelligence Lead to leverage the vast amounts of data assets about our customers to develop powerful insights that drive the firm's go-to-market effectiveness while delivering better value for our customers through insight-driven products, services and solutions that help them address current and anticipate future needs.
This is a unique opportunity to join a new, multidisciplinary team of creative and passionate individuals tasked with developing a suite of next-gen insight-driven solutions utilizing the latest Big Data technology and innovative data science approaches including machine learning techniques.
We're a lean, flat and agile Big Data Analytics team combining business intelligence and data science practices to identify high-value with the greatest commercial impact. The team works in quick iterations, using the most advanced BI technology and ML algorithms best suited for solving the challenging problems of clients and internal business stakeholders.
In this global role, your primary focus will be partnering with Digital Platform Team and Finance Department to bring BI implementation and innovation with an agile approach.If you've got a service oriented mindset and hands-on with development, able to communicate that passion to product managers and engineers, coupled with a keen desire to solve business problems, then let's talk about your successes with:
BI Development and Operations with Qlik Sense technology
* Data ingestion and transformation, data model building * Visualizations per best practices * Development of mashups and embedding * Implement and maintain Enterprise security model * Monitor and optimize environment for performance * Innovate and implement new features
* Provide user trainings and orientations * Provide developer and administrator orientations for both team members and power users of internal BI ecosystem
* Oversee day-to-day work and manage workloads for developer resources * Provide guidance to developer resources in both technical and business knowledge * Service provider resource onboarding and logistic arrangement
Drive BI Roadmap execution with Digital D&A Leader
* Provide user trainings and orientations * Provide developer and administrator orientations for both team members and other teams
You'll need to have:
* Bachelors or MS (preferred) in Data Science, Computer Science and MIS * 3+ years of developer-level knowledge of Qlik Sense and end-to-end dashboard building experience * 2+ years of hands-on experience with any relational database management administration (DBA) * 2+ years of experience with ETL work (Informatica, MS SSIS, etc.) * System admin-level knowledge of Qlik Sense management * Hands-on experience with BI visualization and data modeling development in leading BI solutions (Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) * Working knowledge of administration of BI platforms * Project management experience * Knowledge of typical REST API functions and experience pulling data via APIs * Experience implementing and maintaining scalable and reliable workflows * Developer-level knowledge of SSIS, Python, or other ETL/ELT tools (ex. Informatica) is a plus * BI (any BI technology) certification is a plus
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 23,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $14 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.