Join the Amazon Books, Amazon Pop-Up and Amazon 4-star team. We are looking for a BIE to help us make our stores places that customers love to shop. If you want to join a dynamic, creative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you. A BIE in this role will apply their skills to deliver store performance tools, mechanisms, and analyses to optimize store operations. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to leverage the data to drive change.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Deliver on strategic analytical projects and define data-driven solutions to drive change
* Build agile feedback loop mechanisms to do quick deep dives into new initiatives, measure their efficacy and give recommendations to move closer to desired end state
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support analytical and business needs
* Drive your vision for a best-in-class store performance and operations management toolset
* Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting
* Write high quality SQL code to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle) or data lakes (ex. Athena, SparkSQL, Redshift Spectrum), and learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use
* Communicate clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses to a non-technical audience
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.