The AWS Support team helps customers successfully adopt AWS technologies through a thoughtful combination of people and tech. We focus on delivering proactive and persistent value for customers by using technology to scale and augment our people. We are building out a continuum of offerings from customers looking for help with the basics, launching their first production applications on AWS or needing help operating their infrastructure. Our team uses seeks to align product, technology, operational practices and people to help our customers achieve success running on AWS by applying a financial lens to what we do.
As our BIE you will work to solve challenging problems, and build architecturally sound, high-quality analytics to enable AWS Support to realize critical business strategies.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong technical background, be detail driven, have excellent problem-solving abilities, have strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. You will have a deep understanding of big data tools and architecture details and will successfully represent the technical team to senior leadership and customers. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence the team's decisions, drive secure and robust solutions and produce high quality products to delight our customers. We are looking for leaders with proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. The candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud.
What you will do:
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support financial and business needs.
* Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting. Specifically, own all SQL - ad hoc, recurring, and trouble-shooting.
* Quickly build a thorough understanding of Amazon tools, synching AWS Infrastructure Data best practices and leveraging internal processes from other functions as well.
* Work with team leadership to understand customer needs and concerns as well as define solutions.
* Translate basic problem statements into analysis requirements. Work with internal customers to define best output based on expressed stakeholder needs.
* Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
* Design and drive experiments, A/B testing, outlier deep dives and form actionable recommendations. Manage the implementation of those recommendations.
* Write queries and output efficiently, and have in-depth knowledge of the data available in area of expertise. Pull the data needed with standard query syntax; periodically identify more advanced methods of query optimization. Convert data to make it analysis-ready.
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
* Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines.
* Serve as a senior SME and mentor for Analytic tools and SQL, including helping teams become more self-sufficient with scripted requests.
Why it matters:
Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how AWS Support is provided, creates a unique opportunity that will directly benefit customers.
Why you will love it:
You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our teams. You will be part of a growing, fast paced and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.