At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and visionary people. We are looking for a highly analytical Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Amazon Logistics Business Intelligence and Analytics team.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will generate insights that will guide operational excellence and product development for our customers. Data analysis is at the core Amazon's culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for our team. You will be gathering customer insights, mining data, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest and most complex data warehouses in the world to gather insights using data from across Transportation. These efforts will lead to things such as-changing the way customers receive packages, developing solutions to delight customers, and solve logistical challenges at an Amazon scale.
This position requires high judgment, excellent analytical abilities, a creative mind to invent solutions to improve the customer delivery experience; it also offers broad exposure to various business, operational, financial, and technical teams across Amazon. You should thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and won't be hindered by ambiguity. If you are passionate about customer experience, detail oriented, organized, and systematically break down problems with ease, we would love to speak with you!
* Apply data mining and quantitative analysis to understand how our customers interact with us and identify the best way to improve the customer experience and meet our goals
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
* Build scalable solutions / self-serve platforms that will provide data / KPIs to inform business decision making
* Acquire various data sources to enable holistic analysis at a global level
* Build various data visualizations to tell the story and let the data speak for itself
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* Proactively developing new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.