Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Business Intelligence Engineer
* Job Description
* Collaborate with HPE Data Architecture Team to ensure all solutions align to HPE Data Architecture Strategy, Vision and Guiding Principles for the Enterprise Analytics Platform.
* Define and maintain data architecture, focusing on creating strategy, researching emerging technology, and applying technology to enable business solutions.
* Analyze latest Big Data Analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings, adopt and implement these insights and best practices. Perform architecture design, data modeling, and implementation of Big Data platform and analytic applications.
* Ability to model the data, build transformation, creation of a unified data platform for Financial Services domain objects using Hadoop data lake and analytics applications on a group of core Hadoop technologies.
* Migrate & Transform existing Data Warehouse built using Informatica, Business Objects & Oracle to Hadoop data lake platform, including the creation of a project plan and various activities required.
* Highly scalable and extensible Big Data platform which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels.
* Support the business power users and data scientists to effectively leverage the platform to create actionable insights to drive business results.
* Collaborate with other Solution Architects to identify opportunities to leverage analytics to enable the Digital Transformation and enhance Customer and Partner experiences.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Must have 8+ years of experience developing complex information systems for large enterprise IT environments
* Experienced in SaaS/Cloud Applications architecture to design and create the underlying data structures, data flows and services.
* Experience with Informatica, Business Objects, SQL and Oracle. Able to think strategically and tactically.
* Minimum 4+ years of hands-on experience with "big data" platforms and tools including data ingestion (incremental; batch & real time), transformation and delivery in Hadoop ecosystem (such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Flume, Oozie, Avro, YARN,
Kafka, Storm). Proficiency in Spark, Hive, DRUID, Hive LLAP Experience in architecture and implementation of large and highly complex projects using Hortonworks (Hadoop Distributed File System). Data Science Workbench (Python, R). Data Delivery (SnapLogic) BI Tools (QlikView, QlikSense, Business Objects, PowerBI)
* Remains current with the applicable emerging technologies, and sponsor pilots of new technologies or the creative use of existing technologies.
* Uses strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how technology needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals.
* Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job Description
* Links into the HPE Enterprise Architecture Team and represents the HPEFS domain; Bring down any decisions impacting HPEFS and drive alignment.
* Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional medium to large projects as necessary
* Utilizes Gartner and other resources in evaluating strategic, tactical and operational direction as it relates to information technology and leverages this knowledge to the organization's benefit.
* Consults with both technology and business teams to identify priorities and digital capability requirements and incorporates these requirements into the digital strategy.
* Build and manage long term strategic relationships at Business Process Teams.
* Good customer influence and negotiation skills.
* Ability to tactically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
* Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
* Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a trustable image.
* Ability to articulate technical or operational problems or issues into understandable business terms.
* Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's senior level management.
* Strong communication skills to be able to articulate solutions to IT/business stakeholders and conduct show and tell sessions.
* Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including senior level management.
* Excellent speaking and writing skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise operates as a technology company.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise