Love food? We do! The AmazonFresh and Prime Now operations finance team is seeking an experienced and innovative Business Intelligence Engineer to help shape the future of Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF). GSF provides fulfillment and delivery operation support to Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods, Treasure Truck, Amazon Restaurants, Pantry, and Special Handling. This is a unique opportunity for someone interested in Amazon's start-up consumables-focused environment. AmazonFresh and Prime Now experiment, fail fast, learn, and scale rapidly.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling) and have a demonstrated ability to quickly translate business requirements into technical solutions. The candidate will need to be a self-starter and team player, demonstrate exemplary communication skills and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
* Owning the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
* Analyzing billions of rows of data and driving insights related to our customers' needs
* Interfacing with business and finance customers to gather data and metrics requirements, then driving analytic projects which will help solve some of the most complex challenges at Amazon
* Developing Tableau expertise across product, business and finance teams globally, to increase visibility into key measures of business performance
* Proposing and prioritizing changes to key metric reporting, creating additional metrics, and owning the data presented
* Championing best practices in data acquisition, identifying data needs, driving data quality improvement projects, and raising the technical bar for the organization by creating mechanisms to enable self-service to partners with varied technical skillsets
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.