What does a healthy organization look like in Amazon? With the growing workforce, are we facilitating the right conversations on performance and talent management? What trends are we seeing in our employee and candidate data and what can managers do about it? What data and insights do our customers (business leaders, people managers, HR, Recruiting) need to enhance their ability to deliver results and improve the employee experience? How can we build an internal tool that is as intuitive and high-performing as our externally facing products? If these challenges sound interesting to you, you want to be a part of building a 'first of its kind' product, and you are passionate about data, consider the Consumer People Analytics (CPA) team.
As a BIE on the CPA team, you will be a thought leader and have an opportunity to collaborate with a team of data scientists, business intelligence engineers, software development engineers, data engineers, and product managers to answer these questions and develop products to help Amazon business and HR leaders manage these insights at scale. An ideal candidate will be an advanced user of BI data visualization and delivery tools (such as Excel, Tableau, and Quicksight) and adept at handling large datasets.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
* Work with internal HR and Recruiting customers to understand reporting requirements specific to the International Consumer (ICC), North America Consumer (NAC), or ecommerce platform (eCP) organizations.
* Write high quality SQL code to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle), and learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
* Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
* Work with the BIE and engineering team to design and develop scalable, user-friendly systems, reports, and dashboards using QuickSight.
* Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
* 5+ years analyzing and interpreting data.
* Knowledge of data mining and processing using SQL and at least one of SAS/R/Python.
* Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling.
* Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
* Experience with forecasting measures and machine learning.
* Experience with project management or Agile development process is a plus
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.