At Amazon.com, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company. And within F3, we are pioneering the next generation of customer services, offering ultra-fast delivery on fresh grocery, household essentials, and the best of Amazon.com.
The F3 Retail BI team is searching for a Business Intelligence Engineer who is passionate about automation, data, and analytics. You will be responsible for working with Retail and Ops stakeholders across procurement, selection, pricing, and supply chain management to design and develop SQL queries, scripts, and programs that allow our business to optimize and scale through automation. In your role, every aspect of the business is your opportunity to use statistics, logic, and scripting to deliver a better service for our customers. You will have the opportunity to work and learn alongside other BIEs, Business Analysts, Economists, and Software Engineers to develop prototypes into production solutions that can be scaled globally. You will inform strategy, track performance, and unlock new opportunities for delivering value to our customers. This role demands a high capacity to Learn and Be Curious as we need to be constantly adapting to changes in our business and up to speed on the latest systems, tools, and techniques for extracting, analyzing, and taking action on data.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
* Learn new BI, Retail, and Ops systems such that you can meaningfully support process innovation using automation techniques
* Engage stakeholders in constructive dialogues to convert business problems into logic problems that can be solved with data, statistics, and scripting
* Design, develop, and implement scalable, automated processes for data extraction, processing, and analysis
* Partner with Economists and Data Scientists to support complex statistical analyses and productionize forecasting and causal inference models
* Mine insights and tell compelling business analysis stories across topics such as instock, selection, pricing, forecasting, and supply chain
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
* Have a passion for extracting, manipulating, and visualizing data to drive value-added actions
* Voracious appetite to Learn and Be curious
* Ability to clearly communicate strategic findings and recommendations
* Translate complex, technical concepts into business terms and vice versa
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.