Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being "the world's most customer centric company." Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also our suppliers. World-class retail brands and individual sellers increase their sales and reach new customers by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform. To meet our vendor and sellers' needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas.
The Dangerous Goods team is looking for a senior business intelligence engineer. This person will work with product and risk managers, business owners, and software teams, providing analytic technologies, conducting complex data analysis, and drawing insight from large and complex sets of data. You will independently develop and drive risk models that influence project development and prioritization. You will build and maintain data models that accurately measure the short and long term impact of dangerous goods at Amazon, including, surfacing areas of opportunity and risk, and measuring the projects and programs aimed at driving the right business results in those areas.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity, strong technical skills, and superior written and verbal communication skills. This person will have a strong bias toward data driven decision making. The candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
The scope for this role includes the following:
* Analysis of historical data to identify trends and insights.
* Building prediction and risk models, including recommendations for incentives to drive supplier behavior.
* Collaborate with finance and product and risk management as a leader of quantitative analysis for Dangerous Goods.
* Collaborating with engineers to implement the design of the data architecture.
* Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects. Supporting ad-hoc data analysis requests.
* Proficiency with SQL queries to retrieve and analyze data. Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use.
* Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
* Participate in periodic reviews with senior leaders at Amazon.
* Think creatively: Amazon is a place that is permanently pushing the boundaries of the industry. We are not looking for someone that will just estimate models and write analyses. We want someone that will extract insights and provide business recommendations.
* Generate Impact: We want someone obsessed with impact. We don't want someone that is just interested in finding patterns in the data. We want someone that understands how to turn those discoveries into value for our customers and regulators.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.